Quantcast

Your period outfit (clothing) pictures

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Tanglefoot

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Tell ye what, Broke Tail Dog, There be considerable folks in KY who are interested in this time period. I'd suggest ye might pick up a copy of Muzzleloader magazine, or contact the NMLRA and ye'll find any number of contacts in either one. I recall my job taking me to New Hampshire back in the 70's and I'd always heard that New England folks were cool towards strangers and hard to get to know. I wrote to the NMLRA and asked if they could put me in contact with somebody there who was into ML. They did so. I called him when I got there --- he invited me to his home for coffee, and then he invited me to the ML club. We became close friends and stayed close until he passed. Through him I met others who have been my friends ever since. There's plenty ways to get in touch if ye just try. Good luck to ye, and just to help ye on yr search -- Ye can find Muzzleloader magazine or the NMLRA online by typing the name into yr search engine. The Editor of Muzzleloader is Jason W. Gatliff. Feel free to tell him Tanglefoot sent ye. If'n that doesn't work for ye, let me know through here and I'll give ye another contact.

Tanglefoot

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Walk,
If ye don't mind a word of advice, get you a sheath for yr knife that will fasten to yr belt or sash rather than just tucking it behind. I lost a good knife in the woods once because the sheath came un-tucked going through a brushy draw and I didn't realize the loss until I reached for the knife. It took most of the afternoon back-tracking to find it for me and my hunting buddy, but we surely did. Good thing there was a few inches of fresh snow on the ground or we probably would not have found it.

Tanglefoot

Walkingeagle

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Walk,
If ye don't mind a word of advice, get you a sheath for yr knife that will fasten to yr belt or sash rather than just tucking it behind. I lost a good knife in the woods once because the sheath came un-tucked going through a brushy draw and I didn't realize the loss until I reached for the knife. It took most of the afternoon back-tracking to find it for me and my hunting buddy, but we surely did. Good thing there was a few inches of fresh snow on the ground or we probably would not have found it.

Tanglefoot
Thanks for the thought sir.
It actually has a 2” belt loop which the sash passes through securing it. The sash is double wrapped, lol.
Fyi to all, I sure do not mind advice and will evaluate any and all given.
Thanks
Walk

Broken tailed dog

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Tell ye what, Broke Tail Dog, There be considerable folks in KY who are interested in this time period. I'd suggest ye might pick up a copy of Muzzleloader magazine, or contact the NMLRA and ye'll find any number of contacts in either one. I recall my job taking me to New Hampshire back in the 70's and I'd always heard that New England folks were cool towards strangers and hard to get to know. I wrote to the NMLRA and asked if they could put me in contact with somebody there who was into ML. They did so. I called him when I got there --- he invited me to his home for coffee, and then he invited me to the ML club. We became close friends and stayed close until he passed. Through him I met others who have been my friends ever since. There's plenty ways to get in touch if ye just try. Good luck to ye, and just to help ye on yr search -- Ye can find Muzzleloader magazine or the NMLRA online by typing the name into yr search engine. The Editor of Muzzleloader is Jason W. Gatliff. Feel free to tell him Tanglefoot sent ye. If'n that doesn't work for ye, let me know through here and I'll give ye another contact.
Thanks fruend i shall do that and hope for help like I've said before I just wished that I had got intrested in it years ago ...again thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tenngun

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great! (‘Cept fer the color thar Billy).
I always tip might hat to military folk. I can be a grumpy old Man with clothing ten years out of date, not so with military... they have to be spot on for a narrow time.