Your period outfit (clothing) pictures

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by NW Territory Woodsman, May 2, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jun 15, 2019 #81

GunCat

GunCat

GunCat

Pilgrim

And you'd be guessing right :thumbs up:

2. Jun 15, 2019 #82

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

We all are still learning, and still trying to get the right stuff. Just because you learn x is right and the y you’ve been using for a long time is wrong, You can’t change overnight or over several years. And we live in the here and now. Just boys and girls playing cowboys and Indians. Fudging for fun is ok. Or can be,if it’s ok with you. One can’t get their breech clot in a wad because so and so has some dohikky that’s out of time. We have better research for military and face the fact that civilians could have old stuff out of style or the newest toy just invented.
    The thing I think about is you wouldn’t carry a revolver to a pre 1840 event, but Kit Carson did. Duke Wellington the hero of GB was refused entry to a restaurant because he was wearing trousers and the dress code for the restaurant required out of style breeches.

3. Jun 25, 2019 #83

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

40 Cal.

It’s been a while since reenacting at Pea Ridge but yes I have. My last and most memorable time was a forced night march about 4 miles to Elkhorn Tavern with full gear and bedrolls to camp for the night and then march back the next morning to the re-enactment site (regs don’t allow event on actual site but adjacent). Brutal march and we were all worn out as we reached tavern. My period brogans had heel plates and just as we got to asphalt road in front I slid and sprained an ankle. Had to return to camp in back of pickup with half dozen others with similar complaints. Missed the Sunday battle because I couldn’t walk let alone march. Only good thing is I had to leave early and big rain storm hit, making grass pasture parking lot a huge mud hole. Had to tractor everyone out into the evening. I remember someone playing Ben McC and I believe he did wear the black coat.

4. Jun 26, 2019 #84

Eutycus

Eutycus

Eutycus

54 Cal.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. It shows that reenacting isn't all " fun and games". It takes a little devotion too, doesn't it?

5. Aug 7, 2019 #85

Ricochet

Ricochet

Ricochet

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I live between Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove, actually closer to Prairie Grove(14 miles). I can hear the cannons from my back deck when the Prairie Grove reenactment is going on, I love to just sit out there and listen to it and drift back. Ive got quite a few artifacts, a US bayonet and Confederate dropped Gardner bullet in particular, from that battle and I'll take them to the deck and look at them while I listen to it rage. I went to a skirmish battle reenactment at Pea Ridge about 5 miles west of the town of Pea Ridge. Took the family when my daughters were 8 and 6, we had a big time watching that! They absolutely loved the cannons and cavalry. My daughter did a big class assignment on the Prairie Grove battle where she made a poster with her original pictures (5th grade). She laid out a lot of my buttons and bullets in front of the poster. It turned lots of heads, I was proud of her efforts! Who Knows, we may have seen you SgtMaj fighting for your life in one of these skirmishes!

6. Aug 8, 2019 #86

Scoper05

Scoper05

Scoper05

Pilgrim

Great thread

NW Territory Woodsman likes this.
  7. Aug 10, 2019 #87

just4fun63

just4fun63

just4fun63

32 Cal. MLF Supporter

At the winter shoot with the Fort Buenaventura MTn Men! ( sorry, I forgot the modern glasses, have to have them to shoot and I’m next to run the course) 37995180-52C8-48BD-8180-E58A3914EB81.jpeg 1D1146F6-1DE2-4E1E-B233-F4FF383536BD.jpeg

8. Aug 10, 2019 #88

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

Oh that looks like too much fun:thumb:

NW Territory Woodsman likes this.
  9. Sep 23, 2019 #89

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

Colonial Encampment.jpg
    Finally getting to the paymasters table, being the heaviest and slowest wasn't always a good thing.
    Fairlee, VT 1994

DaveC and Eutycus like this.
  10. Sep 23, 2019 #90

Eutycus

Eutycus

Eutycus

54 Cal.

I was sort of hoping someone would breath some new life into this thread. It had been a very interesting one. We are a "Motley Crew" aren't we?

11. Sep 23, 2019 #91

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I've been know as part of a motley crew from time to time, but only after expending some time at the pub after a re-enactment.
    It still amazes me how my ancestors could eat and drink to excess all night, and still be able to fight off the British when called upon.

12. Sep 23, 2019 #92

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

Colonial          Re-enactment outfit.jpg
    Coming home to my kids after a meeting night, discussing upcoming re-enactments for town anniversaries
    both in and out of state, then of course some extended socializing at the pub. If my Peggy was still alive during
    all of my frolicking around, I'd be on the couch for sure, 1994.

tenngun, Nyckname and Eutycus like this.
  13. Sep 23, 2019 #93

Eutycus

Eutycus

Eutycus

54 Cal.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by using the term "Motley Crew". It describes alot of members of organizations I belong to or have in the past. Even the guys I used to work with.

14. Sep 23, 2019 #94

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

I have a 41 year old Son, retired USMC Major, who loves the hard rock band "Motley Crew".....but he agrees that even in his own companies, and regiments
    while on his 12 deployments in 16 of those years, he had a variety of Marines calling themselves a "Motley Crew" and they were proud of it.

15. Sep 23, 2019 #95

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

You know how to find some one in camp. Just ask for the fat guy with a beard in the white tent.

Nyckname likes this.
  16. Sep 24, 2019 #96

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

That's how they always located me at re-enactments. My Baker Tent was always a great source
    of hot coffee and good food, even for civilians browsing the weekend camp sites.
    Civilians and onlookers are a great source of comments and questions, keeping us sharp and
    well informed as to the accuracy of the craft we love the most.

17. Sep 24, 2019 #97

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

Baker Tent.jpg
    This pic of Bob Ellis' focus on tents by the Southern Cross Free Trappers closely resembles how my camp was back in the day.
    Those were shining times for sure1994.

18. Sep 24, 2019 #98

Stophel

Stophel

Stophel

75 Cal.

I have a couple pictures of me, mid-90's, but they're actual photographs, not digital. Back in the golden age. I REALLY wish I had taken much better advantage of that time. Today doesn't compare. And not just talking about living history...

This is me probably around 2007
    RifleShirt1.jpg

and about 2011, I think.
    Photo0830a.jpg

I wish I was still that thin.

DaveC and tenngun like this.
  19. Sep 24, 2019 #99

Eutycus

Eutycus

Eutycus

54 Cal.

Don't we all?

tenngun likes this.
  20. Sep 24, 2019 #100

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

sgtprovo

40 cal - b MLF Supporter

Hi Stophel, I particularly like the market wallet over your shoulder. I've got a few myself.
    Yes, I wish I was tall and thin again too, but I'd have to go back to high school in 1967.
    I could have even been able to wear leggings too, that would have been kool !!!
    Thank God, my Son doesn't take after me, he's 6'3" 210 lbs USMC Major (Retired)
    and good looking just like his Momma, may she rest in peace.

tenngun likes this.