Your period outfit (clothing) pictures

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by NW Territory Woodsman, May 2, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jun 15, 2019 #81

GunCat

GunCat

GunCat

Pilgrim

And you'd be guessing right :thumbs up:

2. Jun 15, 2019 #82

tenngun

tenngun

tenngun

Cannon

We all are still learning, and still trying to get the right stuff. Just because you learn x is right and the y you’ve been using for a long time is wrong, You can’t change overnight or over several years. And we live in the here and now. Just boys and girls playing cowboys and Indians. Fudging for fun is ok. Or can be,if it’s ok with you. One can’t get their breech clot in a wad because so and so has some dohikky that’s out of time. We have better research for military and face the fact that civilians could have old stuff out of style or the newest toy just invented.
    The thing I think about is you wouldn’t carry a revolver to a pre 1840 event, but Kit Carson did. Duke Wellington the hero of GB was refused entry to a restaurant because he was wearing trousers and the dress code for the restaurant required out of style breeches.

3. Jun 25, 2019 #83

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

SgtMaj65

40 Cal.

It’s been a while since reenacting at Pea Ridge but yes I have. My last and most memorable time was a forced night march about 4 miles to Elkhorn Tavern with full gear and bedrolls to camp for the night and then march back the next morning to the re-enactment site (regs don’t allow event on actual site but adjacent). Brutal march and we were all worn out as we reached tavern. My period brogans had heel plates and just as we got to asphalt road in front I slid and sprained an ankle. Had to return to camp in back of pickup with half dozen others with similar complaints. Missed the Sunday battle because I couldn’t walk let alone march. Only good thing is I had to leave early and big rain storm hit, making grass pasture parking lot a huge mud hole. Had to tractor everyone out into the evening. I remember someone playing Ben McC and I believe he did wear the black coat.

4. Jun 26, 2019 #84

Eutycus

Eutycus

Eutycus

50 Cal.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. It shows that reenacting isn't all " fun and games". It takes a little devotion too, doesn't it?