Quantcast

Your period outfit (clothing) pictures

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Reaction score
As to the wilde blankets I have the honour of owning 3 a match coat and two half blankets bought them years ago they are very hard to come by now the folks that have them are holding on to them every once in a while you will come across one for sale but they are very pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keb

50 Cal.
Reaction score
my GOD, what happened to you guys. not the same two people, now a couple of old grey beards. LOL!.
We were in our 40's then & 70's now. We are still at it after all these years, too.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
KEB, rite you are, as I am 76+ and still making Smoak with my ROCK LOCKS. so you see that you guys are not alone. just keep it up.

mushka

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I too am 76 and still shooting mz guns. Unfortunately I stopped shooting mz's for abut 30 years. Just started back with them about two years ago. I missed a lot while shooting a different venue. Life changes us, and sometimes for the better.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
We shoot turkey in the ozarks, never tried one with a fishin’pole😊
I hear whole kernel corn is the go too bait!

In Alabama, we fished for them with 100 hook trot lines stretched about a foot off the ground baited with corn......

Just kidding, of course .

jackley

40 Cal.
Reaction score
We shoot turkey in the ozarks, never tried one with a fishin’pole😊
Some people shoot them here too. But we found that quite unsporting. Just to easy, when after the Eastern Bighorn Merrian sub species. Its an aquatic bird and using a rifle is akin to shooting fish in a barrel. Fishing for them is the preferred method. Even though we have no acorns here it is the preferred bait. I have it flown in.

Jerry

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I too am 76 and still shooting mz guns. Unfortunately I stopped shooting mz's for abut 30 years. Just started back with them about two years ago. I missed a lot while shooting a different venue. Life changes us, and sometimes for the better.
GOD BLESS YOU go for it & don't stop!

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I hear whole kernel corn is the go too bait!

In Alabama, we fished for them with 100 hook trot lines stretched about a foot off the ground baited with corn......

Just kidding, of course .
whole kernel corn is outlawed in just about all states because the corn that falls to the bottom and is eaten by trout / fish cannot be digested and cant pass it and die a horrible death!! use SOFT VELVEETA CHEESE, it does attract fish and doesn't hurt them.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Great pictures Spence. I really like the last one.You have the look of an elder woodsman who is nobodies fool in it.

MC One Shot

40 Cal
Reaction score
Wow. Found this old news paper picture by accident tucked away in an old BO book. All my pictures had been destroyed by a fire in the 90's.

I cannot remember where the the picture was taken but a note indicated 1982.

The rifle I got as a T/C kit for Christmas in '79. I browned the barrel. Still have the rifle today. The outfit I made in quarters at nite. Every one used to come and watch. It is made from brain tanned/smoked hides (had to keep them in a plastic bag so the smell did not permeate through out). The hat I made from Buffalo hide. The belt I made with a moose antler buckle. Necklace was made from bear claws from a bear I shot the first year with the new rifle. Unfortunately the outfit was lost to a spiteful ex but I had already gone to a colonial persona already. Most likely would not fit me today with out a bit of a workout.

Not sure if that is my trusty stead Many Ponies or some one else's in the back ground.

Attachments

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
These are some really great photos. I love how they look as if their history could be now. Congratulations on good showings of what was.

Latest posts