• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

your opinions wanted reg. davidepedersoli's charles moore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
I'm thinking 'bout buying the pedersoli charles moore and would like your comments an expiriences with this pistol.
I'm especially thinking on (concerned about) the twist of the rifling wich they say is 1:18, is this to fast for a PRB? i am comparing it to my rifle (pedersoli jäger target) wich is 1:65
the pistol is a .45 and the rifle is a .54 this, as i understand it, also has some influence on the best twist?

any help is appreciated
Leadbyte.

I have a Pedersoli Flint Le Page in .44. It also has a 1 in 18 twist. It shoots much better than I do. I use the recommended loads from their website. I do find that the recommended .010 patch and .435 ball combination is hard to start and I have switched a slightly smaller ball ( I think it is .430) but it didn't affect the accuracy. The Le Page requires a .435 ball which is an odd size. I had to order a custom mold from Tanner to get the .435.

My old eyes were not able to use the sights in low light so I used a file to widen the rear sight. That may have messed up the gun for use in International matches but it made the gun suitable for my use.

I was surprised at how long a flint lasts in my Le Page. I bought it used and it had one flint in it. I got about another 50 shots out of the used flint before I had to put in a new one. I haven't shot out the new flint yet.

I think you will be pleased with the accuracy if you do your part.

Many Klatch

Latest posts

Back