Your New Forum

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

flm_shooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Humph. I think this is terrible. There isn't one shred of evidence dating this software earlier than 1970. It's not Period Correct for anything earlier than disco.

Glad to be back! :thumbsup:

cytorg

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Forum looks good! Pretty rough the past few days w/o the forum around...Glad it's back! :thumbsup:

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
tipis said:
Never had trouble with it before.....how do you turn on and off displays??
I can find avitars on the members list, though mine is not there???? :youcrazy:

In your Control Panel, select "Display Settings". In there, uncheck the box that says, "Hide Avatars". Be sure to click on PROCEED at the bottom for it to take effect.

hobbles

50 Cal.
Reaction score
What am I doin wrong ?
There was a problem loading this page:

You are not authorized to have a signature.

bradmartin

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I felt so dirty going to other sites.
I do miss the spell check.
All and all, Great job.

bnail

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I hate to be a nay sayer, but I don't like the new look. it's too crowded, and, as others have already stated, the side bar is just an annoyance. Daily quotes I can get elsewhere and the adds belong at the bottom of the page. It appears to me that the logic of having a sidebar is to force us to see the adds; an obvious commercial ploy that feels more intrussive than before.

Packdog

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Claude,
Thanks for taking the time to run and keep up this board. I can only imagine sometimes it must seem like a thankless job when bickering is going on and people are complaining. Without guys like you the sport would suffer horribly. It's a great place for an individual to come get advice or just converse with others. :bow:
THANKS!

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Skagun said:
I hate to be a nay sayer, but I don't like the new look. it's too crowded, and, as others have already stated, the side bar is just an annoyance. Daily quotes I can get elsewhere and the adds belong at the bottom of the page. It appears to me that the logic of having a sidebar is to force us to see the adds; an obvious commercial ploy that feels more intrussive than before.
Honest feedback is a good thing, not everyone will like the new look, that stands to reason...

We look at all the pros and cons to make the forum more user-friendly, we are rewiewing the side bar issue right now...

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
Musketman said:
".....we are rewiewing the side bar issue right now....."
Thank you very much...
:thumbsup: :hatsoff: :bow: :v :applause:

Slamfire

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Claude said:
hobbles said:
What am I doin wrong ?
There was a problem loading this page:

You are not authorized to have a signature.
That option is not available yet.

The how many posts to see display feature changes everythime I try, but if I go to another forum and return it is back to view all posts. Is this something that is to undergo change at a later date?

thomas

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I like the new forum & I'm having no problems with it. I know it has been alot of work for you & I would just like to say Thank You! :thumbsup:

Thomas

SavageArcher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So far most everything on the new server is fine but I got one complaint. Everytime I try to adjust the settings on display it reverts back to the orginal settings after I press proceed button. Whats wrong? I miss seeing the avatars, kinda use to em I guess.

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Boonedocker said:
Everytime I try to adjust the settings on display it reverts back to the orginal settings after I press proceed button. Whats wrong? I miss seeing the avatars, kinda use to em I guess.
Since this seems to work for some people and not others, I would guess that it is an issue with your browsers cookies, but I can't say for sure.

I have a couple "user" accounts that I use to test the forum, and they don't have an issue with the display settings.

Yagee

36 Cal.
Reaction score
So far most everything on the new server is fine but I got one complaint. Everytime I try to adjust the settings on display it reverts back to the orginal settings after I press proceed button. Whats wrong? I miss seeing the avatars, kinda use to em I guess.
Same as Boonedocker says
Yea same for me :hmm:
Yagee :confused:

bobtaileddog

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I can't get the forum to display any avatars. I tried going to my home page and clicking of display avatars and then clicking the proceed button but, still no luck? what have I got to do? :confused: Also I would like to have the favorive forum feature back and lose the sidebar.
Well guess that's enough griping. Glad to have
the forum back!!!

Y.M.O.S
bob

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
bobtailedcoyote said:
Also I would like to have the favorive forum feature back and lose the sidebar.
The Favorites feature is in the software update and the new version should be installed by Christmas.

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
When in a forum (not a thread) click on "My home". Do you not see "Add forum to Favorites" at the bottom of the menu?

arcticap

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I can't change the display settings for "time zone" or "(un)hide avatar".
Is the "auto jump to new post" supposed to bring me to the first unread post in a revisited thread?. If it is supposed to, it's not working even though that display setting is checked.
Hitting the proceed button doesn't make the indicated change take effect either.