• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your gunrack?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my gunrack at times....not current but usually full of past, present and future MLers.

P2260003.jpg

Starting at top..
Pecatonica Hawken
LH Stith S. Hawken
TC kit Hawken
My 1st "ugly" LR
A Bucks County LR in process
Start of an early Lancaster

Anyone have some pics of their gunrack?....Fred

It's spelled...g-u-n-r-a-c-k...where did you go to school? :rotf: Fred

Man I wish I could display my guns like that ... I used to ... until someone broke into my house and now ... they are being displayed in someone elses house somewhere ... if only I could find out where! :cursing:

Davy

Hi Fred, 20 years ago when I bought this old stone farmhouse I was single. Off the main bedroom was a 10 X 10 room and I put pegs on runners from floor to ceiling on the 2 walls that didn't have a window or door. I had some of my collection in that room. Then came romance and remodeling; now we have an L shaped bedroom! I don't know if I have any pictures, will have to check later. I do like the way you can display your longrifles. :thumbsup:

Yes...it's a sad fact of American life that nothing is secure and property is stolen on a daily basis. Where I live, deadly force can't be used in defense of property and rightly so, but my country home is "secure" not w/ electronic "gizmos", but w/ homespun "booby traps" of which I won't reveal any details. Of course, there's the ever present "enforcer" in case the first line of defense isn't effective and the house boundaries are penetrated. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Off topic, but what the "hey", eh?....Fred

The gunrack that's pictured is for MLers and usually the 2 to 3 bottom rungs are for those in process. Not shown is the gunrack for my "modern CF stuff" which lately has varied because of a change in priorities due to "old age". Also like to build hunting knives because of the shorter "workspan" but don't get the same "kick" as w/ MLers. Often thought of living in an old farmhouse and nearly did....but the wife's preferences were clearly against such an "insane idea". Could have been different, but....Fred

I would like to build a rack for my muzzleloaders. It is just hard to find 4 feet of unused wallspace. I do keep my blackpowder stuff out just because I like to look at the stuff and the antique nature. The modern stuff I keep locked up. I just can't see someone breaking into the house and running down the street with a fowler or something similar. Just does not fit in with my suburban Atlanta burglars. They might rip the safe off the wall and make off with that.

This is the "wall" in my shop as of about 60 days ago. One has been finished and another one has been started. 4 pistols are not pictured, 2 almost done and 2 with barrels inlet.That should keep me going till I'm 98. I have a set 10 ga. barrels and I'm shopping for wood and locks, should take about 3 years. So if I stop adding more I'm good to 101 years old. And I can hang 2 more on that wall.

I should have started sooner.

Wall.jpg

And I still need to use up the pistol stock blanks before I die.

Wood-2.jpg

I just realised in the picture of the wall is the first flintlock I ever built, and the last.
Bruce Everhart

Bruce,
What have you got planned for the 2nd one down?
What kind of barrel is that?

James

Wow!...you'd better get busy w/ all that "stuff" staring you in the face. I draw the line at a max of 3 in process but usually have 2 going but you do a lot better than that. At 78 I do have future LRs sitting around and everytime I buy some more parts, my wife tells me that I'm not going to finish them all, but...I'm an optimist. Bioprof...the 3 position gunrack is a nice way to display and a big advantage is it's mobility.... nice LRs too. My "ugly" first LR is styled after Beck and a close up look confirms it's "ugliness", but all is forgiven because it's my "first" and it certainly does the job in the squirrel woods. Because the pictured gunrack only holds six MLers and there's no space for another, it was the cause of my selling what I made and although it was difficult to "part company" w/ guns that were fixtures for many years , presently, building is way more important to me than amassing a rack full of guns....Fred

Judging from all the racked "in the white" rifles waiting for buyers, your buddy must be a full time builder and is he somebody we might have heard of?.....Fred

Back