• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your favorite solution??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that medical marijuana will give you dry mouth......at least that's what I've heard :grin: That being said, I'm with the spitters.

A custom flintlock builder here in NH gave me his secret formula..... One part Murphy's Oil Soap and Two parts Windsheild washer fluid... Cheap enough !!!! Patch lube and gun cleaner.

A few years ago a very good friend of mine, a fellow member of Fish Creek Long Rifles in Southern Indiana, gave me a large bottle of Rusty Duck. When I need to wipe between shots, I use a little bit of the Rusty Duck on a patch followed by a dry patch.... gets 'er done. If I didn't have the Rusty Duck, I'd use some Murphy's Oil Soap and water.

I use Hoppe's #9 Black Powder Solvent and Patch Lube. Also use it as a patch lube so I usually just put a litle on a cleaning patch and swab between every 2nd or 3rd shot. Works for me.

I use Shines special formula,He gave me a can to test. You can shoot all day! Awsome stuff.
Nit Wit

Nessmuck56 said:
What have you been using as a solution on a cleaning patch,for swabbing in between shots....for summer and winter?
Nothing.
Proper lube (and patch/ball combination) prevents the need to swab between shots.

Back