• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your favorite solution??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never swab. I use Ballistol oil for patch lube. It's like swabbing my barrel every time I load.

depends if just out shooten nothing but if seriuose target shots (i men shots for bragging right) i use a crisco soaked patch

I use a soapy wet patch followed by 2 dry patches between shots if at the range.

Shooting Pyrodex out of my Bobcat, this seems to work very well.

I use 12 guage shotgun patches.

Greg

MooseMilk for lube and cleaning, carry 2x2

patches for swabing after each shot and also use

it for ticking of PRB.

John :thumbsup:

I have never swabbed between shots. I only swab if it gets hard to load, and that depends on humidity and number of shots. I can usually go 12 or 15 shots without having to clean. Otherwise the only cleaning is whatever a spit patch does while loading. One of the advantages of a loose patch and ball combination.

Many Klatch

When at the range for a shooting session I use a solution of 2 parts olive oil, two parts water and one part alcohol as a patch lube. This has proven to be a great patch lube and it cleans as I reload. Now when I let my rifle stand for a few minutes between relays I usually run a spit patch down the bore, turn it over and run it down again because the fowling in the barrel will begin to harden. As long as I continue shooting and loading it is not necessary to clean between shots.

Back