• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Your favorite “eating” game, and how you prepare it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have not tried using a pressure cooker like the ninja foodi, they work great. I have been taking roast from big old moose and bison bulls and they come out nice and tender. Nothing like potatoes, noodles and roast.

Some of the roast are very stringy and I simply thinly slice the meat across the grain before it goes into the cooker. Comes out very tender and not chewy.

Fleener

Interesting you bring up the peaches here now, used in a savory dish.

I was listening to an out of state radio station on a radio app the other day, station was out of Georgia. One of their advertisers was a pizza place who's current special is a prosciutto and peach pizza. I'll be thinking about that one a long time. If I could remember their location I'd be tempted to drive to Georgia just for a pizza.

Speaking of,,,, how well would your chili freeze and ship?????
Prosciutto and fruit is a classic. Wrapped around a melon slice is the most common around here. Love the peach idea.

Prosciutto and fruit is a classic. Wrapped around a melon slice is the most common around here. Love the peach idea.
Yeah. My dad's family is from Sicily. I'd be only 3rd generation born here (but mom's family came here landing in New Amsterdam)

We do prosciutto and melon or prosciutto and fig, sometimes. I like the fig better. My mom won't eat it, neither would grandma when she was alive, they always seem to choke on it.

I need to find out where that pizza place is.

Yeah. My dad's family is from Sicily. I'd be only 3rd generation born here (but mom's family came here landing in New Amsterdam)

We do prosciutto and melon or prosciutto and fig, sometimes. I like the fig better. My mom won't eat it, neither would grandma when she was alive, they always seem to choke on it.

I need to find out where that pizza place is.
Google showed me a bunch of recipes. Some with a balsamic vinegar reduction.

My Italian grandfather brought the family over from Calabria in '29 the beginning of the depression. food of any sort was not wasted. When I was about 10 years old I saved enough and bought a Daisy pump BB gun. My Nonno bought a house whose lot was 105 ft. wide by 310 ft. deep. This was right across the river from NYC. He had a garden that was at least 50 ft. by 100 ft. We lived off of this garden. He also had various fruit trees. By the time spring came around I was a pretty good shot with my bb gun. Well the fruits started to blossom and the birds came in to pick on the fruit. By the end of the day I had about a half of a brown paper shopping bag filled with birds. When Nonno came home I showed him what i had done. He asked what i was going to do with the birds, I replied put them in the garbage. he said no bring them in the cellar. He put up a pot of water and when it started to boil we dunked the birds and plucked them. We cleaned them like you would a chicken, he then got a couple of mason jars of tomatoes off of the shelf and put up a pot of meat sauce. Ever since then I don't shoot it if I am not going to eat it. I can't think of anything that I haven't eaten. I'll say that I liked 99.9% of it.

On small birds most of the meat is on the breast. When I first started Dove Hunting I was plucking the birds, etc. and this guy showed me the "Southern Way".
1. Twist off the wings with your hands- easy to do. 2. Stick thumb up under breast plate and pull off the entire chest, toss the remainder of the bird, or compost pile if that's your thing.
3. Pull off skin with feathers attached. DONE. Takes about 30-60 seconds. I then par boil about 5-10 minutes and use a spoon to scrap off the meat, boneless, skinless Dove breast- or any similar sized bird, like blackbirds, etc.

Back