• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Young Country Lube 103 Patch Lube

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK in PA

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can order a container of Lube 103? I love the stuff and am all but out. I can't find it anywhere on the net, except Ft. Chambers in PA, but they apparently don't have any.

It's my impression it's no longer made...but wouldn't be the first time I opened mouth & inserted foot! Just like my old favorite Spit Lube...wish someone would make it again...cool light smell and fun lubing revolver chambers with pink stuff! :rotf:

Here's a link to October Country's website, but notice they no longer list 103 Lube: http://www.octobercountry.com/categories/Lubes-%2d-Blackpowder-Solvents/

Btw, If I remember correctly when ordering a handful of tubs of it from them ~5 yrs. ago, they suggested it would no longer be offered. All isn't lost if you feel adventurous enough to make a batch of your own [lube]. If so, google "Stumpy's Moose Snot," which our own Stumpkiller originated. It's easy to do and the equal of 103 Lube.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great stuff but it has not been made for years. I still have a little left in the container it came in and I am gradually using it up.

It was made by Bill Young out in Simi Valley, CA. It was a great patch lube, good on about anything you rubbed it on, including yourself. It turned out to be a great case lube for reloaders also. It was not, however, the best rust inhibiter. If Bill is still around I wish him well. I have 4 or 5 tubs left, and I guard them carefully.

Back