• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yippy Yippy A Knew Baby Is Here

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI Smoke

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday My .54 Plains Pistol arrived, a new member of my BP family. Hope it shoots better than I do.

Also know of matching Traditions .50 rifle and pistol that a guy wants to sell. $300 for the set.
I can find out more if anyone is interested.
I would buy it if I didn't just spend $700 on BP since Christmas
WI

Enjoy shooting your new toy. Hopefully you are having better weather than down here in Indiana; looks like this whole next week is going to be pretty cold and wet for us. :(

My 50 cal Lyman got here today. Shot it about 20 times after work. Just at 10 yard. Got it 3" groups after awhile. This was from bench supported and not off hand. I did notice that I had to swipe between everyshot to get the best groups. Using Pyrodex P (when I ordered my BP I didn't have a pistol so all I ordered was FFg).

Oh I almost forgot ..... LOVED IT :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new baby, After you get it all figured out let me know how it is.
This customer of mine has one and he is allways bragging about how accurate it is. :grin:

Thanks fffg,
It's a .54cal girl likes to make alot of noise and throw things. :rotf: :grin:
Still thinking of a name so if anyone has any suggestions please like me know. :hmm: :)

It's a .54cal girl likes to make alot of noise and throw things.
Still thinking of a name so if anyone has any suggestions please like me know.

Wife?

My thoughts on the grain size are that you want it to all be burnt up by the time time projectile leaves the barrel and 3f will help with that since it burns faster. 2f will fire fine but I don't think that you will get out as much as you could from your pistol.
WI

That's what's great about M/Ling, in order to find out I have to shoot more. Going to try 2f and 3f black powder and RS and P Pyrodex. Why? Because I have the stuff. I'll post the results. But I need to take a break from M/Ling for awhile, at least until after Val. Day. Think the wife is getting concerned about all the time I am spending at the range with my new toy. Take care of the wife and you get to play with your toys more.

Mwindy I think we think exactly alike. If you keep Mama happy she lets you go play with the boys more :haha: :grin: Every powder you have will work fine, some more power some more accurate just see what your new baby likes to eat. :thumbsup:
WI Smoke

Haven't got to shoot my pistol to much. The problem with cut @ the barrel patches is there are cut @ the barrel fingers there too. :( :nono: As I found out Sat. had to stop when the gun slipped from my hand from all the blood.
Don't care how much I get laughed at I'm switching to a scissors. :winking:
WI Smoke

Smoke sorry to hear about fingers. I had a surprise introduction to M/L Pistol when I grip (two hands) pistol wrong and the recoil forced the pistol to slide down my grip and the tigger guard bit my fingers .... not like shooting my .45 ACP Colt with the sure grip handles :grin:

Back