• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

yet another capper question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it sure isn't pc or hc, I sure like the TC plastic star seven capper. It's cheap and works wonderful. I've used couple brass ones and was very disapointed. While I have never used a Ted Cash capper, I'd think they would prove to be the best. For my use, the TC capper works the best of what I've tried.

I'm not a fan of brass/silver cappers. They are pretty useless, IMHO. We have several in our shooting boxes but they just set there unused. Best cappers I have used are simple leather with holes punched or drilled along edges.

They work really well to practice engraving on, otherwise the leather works well.

IMG_1292.jpg

Thanks guys..this will be a Christmas present from my daughter...I knew about the Ted Cash cappers..but was unsure if there was anything else out there.I will probably go with the capper mentioned above and like others have mentioned they sure do look good engraved on!
THANKS!

If you're looking at getting a brass capper then Tedd Cash makes the best! I have had a straight capper for 35 years and still works great (on the rare occasions I shoot percussion now, mostly pistols and double guns). I picked up an unknown capper (NOT Tedd's) in a bunch of stuff and the spring bent, caps jammed, etc. Worthless! Also, Tedd makes his stuff from original ones in his collection of PC stuff.

Guarantee I am not doing it in the period manner, I use every advantage I can short of formal training.

GRS equipment and a stereo zoom microscope mostly.

Thanks.

I have both a Ted Cash rifle capper and a pistol capper. Both function as advertised and have done so for nearly 15+/- years for me. I do seem to use the pistol capper much more than the rifle capper as I can better see the placement on the nipple. Might be just me, YMMV.

BTW - the engraved one above is very, very nicely done . . . especially for a "practice" piece . . . nice job!

I would say the "practice" has paid off.

BTW - the engraved one above is very, very nicely done . . . especially for a "practice" piece . . . nice job!

Thanks, I donated this one as a blanket prize.

I don't get enough time to practice as it is, so when I go out to practice, I practice on things that I can donate or put on the blanket.

Back