• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Yesterday's Mail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50cal.cliff

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Recentlly I put together a Minature Posiblles Bag to put my fire kit in.[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/213061/[/url]
While I was putting this fire kit together I had mentioned I needed to char some cloth, for my char cloth to use in my new tinder box that I made as part of the kit.
My good friend Tom, or Two Bellies as most of you know him sent me a PT. Seems he had a bunch of char blocks. He said they were easier to catch fire and offered some to me, which I accepted!
They arrived in yesterday's mail and will work great for my char cloth box.
000_0946.jpg

Thanks Tom, for the char blocks.
I wiil take to heart your suggestion and seal them inside of something too prevent moisture transfer from the air.
I am going to tell you folks something if you haven't already realized it this forum is unique. I don't believe there is another forum online anywhere like this one.
The memebers all try too show respect too one another and their is more true information shared on this site than any other covering similar subjects.
Where else can you just mention needing something or liking an object someone has posted and the next thing you know you get a PT from an individual who you may or maynot know and before you know it, it's like talking too an ole friend.
:thumbsup: Here is too good friends and the best forum! :bow: :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff,

I have to echo your sentiments. I put together my first FL kit this year, and learned how to make char cloth and start a fire with flint and steel from the folks on this site.

The willingness to help is great!!!

What is a char block???

Couldn't Agree more. :thumbsup: To me, this is the best of the firearms/hunting sites I visit.
When I started shooting MLs years back, there was nothing like this to get information. There was a lot of trial and error involved.I wish this forum was around 25 yrs ago.

I've made some friends here...some on the "net" and some of you in person!
I look at it as we are a family here and sharing ideas and knowledge is what its about. Not being "one up" on the next guy, its just not our style!
I can relate with the char blocks, I had some shot I wasnt going to use. hooked up with a family member here and "payed it forward" so to speak. I guess its a karma thing for me also, but thats just me. I came here to learn, I did, and now at times, its my turn to teach and pass on the knowledge gained here!
If only my brother and myself got along this well growing up!

"g'nite ben,....nite john boy" :hatsoff:

You described this site pretty accurately. Perhaps one reason why everyone is so helpful, etc. is because it seems the people here believe in the old time manners and respect that used to be practiced and taught by people everywhere. Society today seems to have lost the fact that there is someone else around besides "Me".

Have a good day.
Outdoorman

How true, and well said. Now I will admit I've experienced some amazing things in the woods when it's only been " me ". But at the end of the day when it's only " me " it can be mighty lonely with no one to share it with!!!!

I remember seeing a quote a long time ago that went something like this: "The double is a gentleman's gun but it is scarcely the only requirement." I don't remember who said it but it sticks out in my mind very vividly. I can't help but think that quote is equally applicable to those of us who choose to do things the old fashioned way. The members of this forum especially embody this and I just want to take a minute to say how much I enjoy being on here and how much I appreciate all of the knowledge you guys have to share.

Back