• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Yes it is Gunpowder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wb78963

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is what it is , an explosive that we use as a propeller.
Call it Gunpowder because these guys make it and should know what they are making
It is NOT a flammable solid, that stuff is mostly rust that burns
Any questions? have been at this game a long time
Stay safe
Bunk

• 9MB
  • thumbnail

DSC_0034.JPG
    6.7MB

• or

Dwight
t is NOT Black powder it is
GUNPOWDER
get used to it.
GUNPOWDER
not that nasty nitro stuff
Du Pont makes it and knows what they have been making for a long time
Bunk

It was called gunpowder when it was the only powder available. when other powders became available the term "gunpowder" became ubiquitous, representing all gun powders. black and smokeless.

This is what it is , an explosive that we use as a propeller.
Call it Gunpowder because these guys make it and should know what they are making
It is NOT a flammable solid, that stuff is mostly rust that burns
Any questions? have been at this game a long time
Stay safe
Bunk

• or
Sir, the reason for my ??? Is that the attachments you had in your Original post did not open. Therefore we couldn’t understand your post.

I guess if Goex, Scheutzen, Swiss, and all the firearm manufacturers call it black powder then that is good enough for me!

I have heard of splitting hairs, but this is assinine. sounds like a bunch of school yard kids bickering?

Back