• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yee Hah

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54mountain

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My flint conversion lock Finally arrived from TOW Friday. I spent friday night installing the touch hole liner and inletting the lock, yesterday I dismanteled the lock and browned it and this morning I replaced the lock and threw sparks. I think I'm in love :grin:

Here's a pic
myflintlock001.jpg

Very nice job sir!!

Aflint lock is much nicer looking then a percussion lock.

Rob

Looks good, it makes sparks, and you did it yourself! Great job; doesn't it make you feel good when things work out? When you had the lock apart, did you polish the inside of the plate and the moving parts? It makes them work just that much faster, besides lookin' good. Emery

It's an L&R Durs Egg lock and the contact points were fairly well polished, I did clean up the inner lock plate and the inside of the tumbler some. It feels real smooth.

I got tied up with the honeydo list today and didn't get a chance to try 'ole Cora Beth out but I did fill the pan with ffffg and stepped out back to watch her flash :grin: :grin: I can't wait till next week end. :thumbsup:

I'm a lefty so have spent some time the last couple of days dry firing it, I think I should be fine, the flash doesn't seem to bother me.
I thought maybe there would be a flinch factor but I think I should be OK. It also helps that I have shot this rifle for about a year now and am comfortable with it.

A great conversion! Just this last weekend someone told me "A real man doesn't need nipples- and neither does his gun."! :grin:

Thanks all for the replies, I never would have tried it if it weren't for you guys. I've been wantin' a flint rifle for a long time, I built a flint pistol last year and have been dieing for a rifle to match every since, And you are right It looks alot better with a proper lock :grin:

Latest posts

Back