• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Year of The Smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my first smoothbore earlier this year. I've always wanted one and finally took the plunge. I hunt as much as I can but with four kids it's kinda hit or miss sometimes. I told myself when I got a smoothie I'd hunt that whole first year with it, all species I have in Mississippi that I normally hunt. So since our great staff here has made it where a even a complete technically unadvanced guy like me can post pics off my phone I'm gonna post up some pics as the season goes. Thank you folks for your knowledge and help. I'm steadily learning here.

33197664-8154-4EFE-B7C7-B71D27B71146.jpeg

Good doins Phillip. You will enjoy that smoothie tremendously. I used my 20 ga. trade gun exclusively for many years. I have taken a bear, many deer, many turkeys, rabbit, squirrels, quail, chukar, and have even gone trap shooting with it. It is my go to gun for sure, and will probably become yours as well.

Nice going. I want to do the same thing. While I enjoy hunting with my percussion doubles, I really want a 20 gauge flintlock fowler.

Jeff H

I'm not seeing what caliber you long-gun is. I've hunted quite a bit with a Brown Bess Carbine (also decorated with tacks), but now my Jeager is my go-to gun for four legged game. Bessie handles the turkeys, grouse, and wabbits. !!

I just got my first smoothbore earlier this year. I've always wanted one and finally took the plunge. I hunt as much as I can but with four kids it's kinda hit or miss sometimes. I told myself when I got a smoothie I'd hunt that whole first year with it, all species I have in Mississippi that I normally hunt. So since our great staff here has made it where a even a complete technically unadvanced guy like me can post pics off my phone I'm gonna post up some pics as the season goes. Thank you folks for your knowledge and help. I'm steadily learning here.

Me too, now you couldn't pry my Fusil de chasse from my hands, unless maybe it was to put a bow in them. It turned all my rifles and shotguns into wall hangers. my first year started off with a gobbler in the spring, a 200 lbs black bear and a nice 8 point buck and I didn't even get to hunt our flintlock season that year. I'll never go back to modern weapons, or would that be forward.

Back