• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Yazel Caplock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcrockett

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just bought a new to me Yazel. Can anyone tell me what type of wrench is needed to remove the nipple? Where might I find a spare nipple ? Thanks in advance.

I use a regular small wrench. You might be able to take the striker and spring out and go at the nipple from the end of the frame with a nut driver. When you get the nipple out, put anti-seize on it and only put it in hand tight.

Nipples, they come in 2 different sizes. One is a standard 1/4 X 28 and other is a large diameter size. Not sure what the thread size is it maybe be 28.

I have 2 Yazels, each one is as above.

If yours is the large diameter nipple not sure where to find one, I have a friend who is going to get me a couple in June at Friendship.

The nipple in my .32 is a totally different size, larger, than I have ever seen.

I am use to seeing different size nipples from the various rifles and pistols that I have.

When I get around to it, I will pull the nipple and put the thread check on it to get the size and then mike the length and diameter of the nipple.

Only thing I know is that I have had the nipple out twice and have looked at it and it is not 1/4 X 28 and it is not metric.

All I was doing was trying to help the OP.

Well pulled the nipple out of the .32

Dimensions are;

Thread is 20

Threaded part is 0.485 in diameter

Overall length is 0.835

Where Hot Shot nipples have two (2) holes on the curved part of the nipple, this one has one (1) hole in it and is placed on the flat where a wrench is used to remove/install the nipple.

To remove the nipple requires a wrench or pointed vice grip. No way a nut driver will work.

I tried the wrench that goes with my Ten Ring and it will not work.

You might try a 9/32 open end wrench or a 5/15 closed end wrench.

Back