• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Y'all are just a bad influence...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no resistance to the .44 temptation...after purchasing a 1862 police, I had to have the 1851 Confederate navy, I like the brass frame, and wanted a .44. The guys at Cabelas bp counter are very knowledgeable of their products, and are bp guys through and through. They inspected both revolvers for any issues, especially timing, and lock up, if they find any issues, they put the revolver aside to be returned to the distributor, those guys refuse to sell a defective gun. As soon as I can get to Dixons, hopefully either this weekend or next, to get some Goex, and .44 round balls, and I'll be set for a range trip. Since neither of the two revolvers are correct, the '62 is larger than the original, and has a 6 shot cylinder, instead of a 5 shot, I had to grab a Uberti 1860 Army, and eventually would like to get a steel framed '51 navy...and a 3rd model dragoon. Maybe a pc Uberti '62 police.

It went out yesterday, should see it in a day or two. I cut the pads to size with a dry wall knife just a bit wider than the hammer cut so they will stay put by their own friction fit. You may have to sand down the width a bit so the hammer will drop far enough for a full cycle. "The other two of my revolvers worked perfectly as is. Be sure not to make the pad any longer than level with the top of the cut out in the frame under the hammer and no hang over at the bottom of the cut. Just make it even with the cut on both ends. MD

Awesome. Can't thank you enough.

I messed around with the revolver in the spare minutes I had last night, and I can say now with a little more authority that there is a bit of creep in the trigger. Not a lot, maybe 1/64" or so. Then it seems to break clean.

All in all a very impressive factory trigger. :grin:

Still no joy on the gauge. Will try my gun dealer shortly, was not able to contact him due to work load being crazy these past few days.

E.

I can handle up to about 4 pounds if it breaks clean with no creep,but this is about my limit without introducing tremor ,for a few shots at least.
This much weight would begin to show up on the target as one gets fatigued.
You made me curious so I went out and measured all three of my revolver pull weights.
I place them by the barrel in my padded bench vice jaws and use an RCBS trigger pull gauge on level pull.
.58 Rem Pietta 3/4 lbs
.60 Colt Pietta 1-3/4lbs
Ruger Old Army 1-1/4 lbs
All of them have been worked over and had any creep removed. None of them can be knocked off from full cock from shock on the gun. MD

navysquirrel.jpg

These guns will bring home the bacon too.

Many thanks, the package arrived today.

Going to go tinker and see if I can slice up a strip so I can start practicing.

:grin:

Nice pistol.

Cabelas needs a warning sign as you enter that they have stuff that will get you addicted to it.

What holster are you going to put it in?

Holster? Crud. I hadn't gotten that far yet.

That's not good.... I can see the expression my wife will have on her face already if I mention going back to cabelas for ANYTHING.

Lol. Oh well. Any recommendations out there?

E.

Back