• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Y’all are sorry…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Y’all are sorry. There I was - happy with my caplock, just minding my own business. Then y’all start talking about yer flintlocks. I go to reading - and the next thing you know I have one.
I bought .62 Jaeger. This thing is reliable. It shoots well. A friend suggested I make a wooden flint and dry fire a bunch. That helped a lot.
I tried the flint bevel up, and bevel down and found what it likes. Now the dang thing shoots even better. It’s easy to load and isn’t finicky. I’m starting to trust the darn thing.
And it’s all y’all’s fault.

And all this after I finally found enough caps to last a while…

Y’all are sorry. There I was - happy with my caplock, just minding my own business. Then y’all start talking about yer flintlocks. I go to reading - and the next thing you know I have one.
I bought .62 Jaeger. This thing is reliable. It shoots well. A friend suggested I make a wooden flint and dry fire a bunch. That helped a lot.
I tried the flint bevel up, and bevel down and found what it likes. Now the dang thing shoots even better. It’s easy to load and isn’t finicky. I’m starting to trust the darn thing.

Just be glad we’re off limits to speak of the other type of muzzleloader!
Walk

You will find zero help here to help avoid emptying your pocketbook in purchasing flintlocks. It's more of an addiction frenzy that pulls you in and consumes your very being. Just like going to a crack house and asking for help on how to abstain from crack. The best you can hope for is to indulge in the fever and participate in the forum as a support group for therapy.

😊
Alright you have taken the right off ramp, now at the next turn it’s a flint smoothie
( I think they put it better then’ if’n you had a hair youd’d be shoot in’ smoothies’)
It’s an unfathomable deep

B5435595-A01E-4E52-AC09-94837BC80A2B.jpeg

You mean like this?

It never ends, expect copius hours on the idiot box (computer) late nights wondering who to contact on a next build, how to source parts, lube recipes, patching material pros and cons, swiss powder vs. goex vs. should I buy it a pound at a time or many many lbs. do I cast balls or buy them where do I source suitable lead, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the list goes on. It will not stop a endless journey.

GREAT!

Back