• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE XXL Blackfoot War Shirt - Heavy Elk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard66

40 Cal
Reaction score
I had this Blackfoot style beaded War Shirt custom made several years ago when I lived in Montana and weighed 270 lbs.. I never got a chance to wear it and I'm now 200 lbs.. so just a tad big on me.

This is definitely for a larger man.....and for the Mountain man that likes to shine. You will get noticed. I've turned down many offers for this shirt over the years, but now it's time to let it go.

It is made of heavy Elk hide, with Blackfoot pattern beaded shoulder straps ( 29"x3") which equals 174 square inches of handmade beadwork. 5" rosettes on both front and back bibs. Lots of 7-9 inch hand cut fringe on arms, shoulders and bibs (Both front & back) . The front & back shirt bibs are Beaver skin. Front and back of shirt are a mirror image except the bib on the front comes to a point and the back doesn't.

All sewing is done by hand, utilizing sinew thread in all areas where it shows. Because I'm 6'5" tall I had a extra section of Elk added at bottom of shirt to make the shirt longer in the torso. The extra length can easily be removed if the shirt body is too long for you.

Chest: 50-52 inches

Sleeves: 31 Inches... shoulder seam to end of sleeve

Body torso: 36 inches ...center of neck to bottom of shirt measured from front of shirt

Shoulders: 21 inches

Neck opening : 23 inches

All fringe is 7-9 inches in length

Beaver Bibs: 12 inches in length and 11.5 inches wide at collar

See all my measurements in last picture.

PayPal Friends & Family is my preferred method of payment......... $750.00 shipped and insured in lower 48.

Serious offers considered .....No trades at this time.

Thanks for taking a look!!!

Ray

Attachments

• WS1.jpg
    WS1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 207
  • WS2.jpg
    WS2.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 207
  • WS3.jpg
    WS3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 186
  • WS4.jpg
    WS4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 173
  • WS5.jpg
    WS5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 196
  • WS6.jpg
    WS6.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 183
  • WS7.jpg
    WS7.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 188
  • WSMeasurements.jpg
    WSMeasurements.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 155
Wow! Beautiful Piece!!
The detailed, extraordinary, Custom hand work is obvious 😲 :p
I'm so sorry I'm only a "large" now-a-days!!
Can you give us photo's of the back?

I had this Blackfoot style beaded War Shirt custom made several years ago when I lived in Montana and weighed 270 lbs.. I never got a chance to wear it and I'm now 200 lbs.. so just a tad big on me.

This is definitely for a larger man.....and for the Mountain man that likes to shine. You will get noticed. I've turned down many offers for this shirt over the years, but now it's time to let it go.

It is made of heavy Elk hide, with Blackfoot pattern beaded shoulder straps ( 29"x3") which equals 174 square inches of handmade beadwork. 5" rosettes on both front and back bibs. Lots of 7-9 inch hand cut fringe on arms, shoulders and bibs (Both front & back) . The front & back shirt bibs are Beaver skin. Front and back of shirt are a mirror image except the bib on the front comes to a point and the back doesn't.

All sewing is done by hand, utilizing sinew thread in all areas where it shows. Because I'm 6'5" tall I had a extra section of Elk added at bottom of shirt to make the shirt longer in the torso. The extra length can easily be removed if the shirt body is too long for you.

Chest: 50-52 inches

Sleeves: 31 Inches... shoulder seam to end of sleeve

Body torso: 36 inches ...center of neck to bottom of shirt measured from front of shirt

Shoulders: 21 inches

Neck opening : 23 inches

All fringe is 7-9 inches in length

Beaver Bibs: 12 inches in length and 11.5 inches wide at collar

See all my measurements in last picture.

PayPal Friends & Family is my preferred method of payment......... $750.00 shipped and insured in lower 48.

Serious offers considered .....No trades at this time.

Thanks for taking a look!!!

Ray
Beautiful beautiful

Back