• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE XXL Blackfoot War Shirt - Heavy Elk

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Wizard66

40 Cal
Reaction score
I had this Blackfoot style beaded War Shirt custom made several years ago when I lived in Montana and weighed 270 lbs.. I never got a chance to wear it and I'm now 200 lbs.. so just a tad big on me.

This is definitely for a larger man.....and for the Mountain man that likes to shine. You will get noticed. I've turned down many offers for this shirt over the years, but now it's time to let it go.

It is made of heavy Elk hide, with Blackfoot pattern beaded shoulder straps ( 29"x3") which equals 174 square inches of handmade beadwork. 5" rosettes on both front and back bibs. Lots of 7-9 inch hand cut fringe on arms, shoulders and bibs (Both front & back) . The front & back shirt bibs are Beaver skin. Front and back of shirt are a mirror image except the bib on the front comes to a point and the back doesn't.

All sewing is done by hand, utilizing sinew thread in all areas where it shows. Because I'm 6'5" tall I had a extra section of Elk added at bottom of shirt to make the shirt longer in the torso. The extra length can easily be removed if the shirt body is too long for you.

Chest: 50-52 inches

Sleeves: 31 Inches... shoulder seam to end of sleeve

Body torso: 36 inches ...center of neck to bottom of shirt measured from front of shirt

Shoulders: 21 inches

Neck opening : 23 inches

All fringe is 7-9 inches in length

Beaver Bibs: 12 inches in length and 11.5 inches wide at collar

See all my measurements in last picture.

PayPal Friends & Family is my preferred method of payment......... $750.00 shipped and insured in lower 48.

Serious offers considered .....No trades at this time.

Thanks for taking a look!!!

Ray

Attachments

necchi

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful Piece!!
The detailed, extraordinary, Custom hand work is obvious 😲 :p
I'm so sorry I'm only a "large" now-a-days!!
Can you give us photo's of the back?

poker

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely top shelf Ray. Im just a large too or Id be scraping right now.

Dryball

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Have the interest but fear it may be too snug. 6'1" 275 to 280 lbs.
Waist 46".

HatchetJack95

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This is an incredible shirt, and actually perfectly sized for me, but unfortunately is not in the budget of a grad student.

swamperkk

40 Cal
Reaction score
very nice shirt,,but i'm a small frame guy won't fit i just float around it

Joemolf

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I had this Blackfoot style beaded War Shirt custom made several years ago when I lived in Montana and weighed 270 lbs.. I never got a chance to wear it and I'm now 200 lbs.. so just a tad big on me.

This is definitely for a larger man.....and for the Mountain man that likes to shine. You will get noticed. I've turned down many offers for this shirt over the years, but now it's time to let it go.

It is made of heavy Elk hide, with Blackfoot pattern beaded shoulder straps ( 29"x3") which equals 174 square inches of handmade beadwork. 5" rosettes on both front and back bibs. Lots of 7-9 inch hand cut fringe on arms, shoulders and bibs (Both front & back) . The front & back shirt bibs are Beaver skin. Front and back of shirt are a mirror image except the bib on the front comes to a point and the back doesn't.

All sewing is done by hand, utilizing sinew thread in all areas where it shows. Because I'm 6'5" tall I had a extra section of Elk added at bottom of shirt to make the shirt longer in the torso. The extra length can easily be removed if the shirt body is too long for you.

Chest: 50-52 inches

Sleeves: 31 Inches... shoulder seam to end of sleeve

Body torso: 36 inches ...center of neck to bottom of shirt measured from front of shirt

Shoulders: 21 inches

Neck opening : 23 inches

All fringe is 7-9 inches in length

Beaver Bibs: 12 inches in length and 11.5 inches wide at collar

See all my measurements in last picture.

PayPal Friends & Family is my preferred method of payment......... $750.00 shipped and insured in lower 48.

Serious offers considered .....No trades at this time.

Thanks for taking a look!!!

Ray
Beautiful beautiful

Latest posts