• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wyoming Roll Call

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanscamaro

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Okay, if Horner75 can do it, so can we (although this is somewhat underhanded, since I now live in Arizona). How many of you out there are from Wyoming? I was born and raised in Worland, but have retired to Arizona. I still have a love for Wyoming, since it was pretty much a central spot for rendezvous' and I still love the mountains.

For the purpose of this forum it is and I’m interested in monthly shoots and Rendezvous In Wyoming. I’ve been twice to the Rendezvous in Encampment WY and am interested in other going’s on there.

There are several active black powder clubs in Wyoming all of which are under the Wyoming Muzzle Loaders Association.

Two clubs that I'm aware of that have monthly shoots are: Deer Creek Muzzle Loaders and Wind River Muzzle Loaders. Deer Creek holds a monthly shoot on the first Sunday of each month and Wind River shoots the second Sunday of each month.

Deer Creek shoots close to Casper (Natrona County) and Douglas (Converse County) Wyoming and usually sponsors a couple State sanctioned shoots each year.

Wind River covers Fremont County (Riverton and Lander) which is the location of the 1838 Rocky Mountain Fur Company Rendezvous. They sponsor an annual rendezvous usually in the first week of July. That web address is: 1838 Rendezvous

The Statewide organization is Wyoming Muzzleloader Association, linked below. If anyone wants any information let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Wyoming Muzzleloader's Association Link:

There are several active black powder clubs in Wyoming all of which are under the Wyoming Muzzle Loaders Association.

Two clubs that I'm aware of that have monthly shoots are: Deer Creek Muzzle Loaders and Wind River Muzzle Loaders. Deer Creek holds a monthly shoot on the first Sunday of each month and Wind River shoots the second Sunday of each month.

Deer Creek shoots close to Casper (Natrona County) and Douglas (Converse County) Wyoming and usually sponsors a couple State sanctioned shoots each year.

Wind River covers Fremont County (Riverton and Lander) which is the location of the 1838 Rocky Mountain Fur Company Rendezvous. They sponsor an annual rendezvous usually in the first week of July. That web address is: 1838 Rendezvous

The Statewide organization is Wyoming Muzzleloader Association, linked below. If anyone wants any information let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Wyoming Muzzleloader's Association Link:
I’m originally from Cody. Now living in central Illinois. I go back home at least twice a year to see the folks and relatives. I’m now retired and the wife is retiring next year.

Gonna be moving back to Cody within the next year or two to set up permanent residence. My Dad wants me to take over the home and estate.

I’d be interested in the Wind River or Casper shoots. Any additional information or point of contacts would be greatly appreciated my friend.

P.S. Can’t beat the Mountains. Yellowstone, or the Tetons!

Respectfully, Cowboy

I’m originally from Cody. Now living in central Illinois. I go back home at least twice a year to see the folks and relatives. I’m now retired and the wife is retiring next year.

Gonna be moving back to Cody within the next year or two to set up permanent residence. My Dad wants me to take over the home and estate.

I’d be interested in the Wind River or Casper shoots. Any additional information or point of contacts would be greatly appreciated my friend.

P.S. Can’t beat the Mountains. Yellowstone, or the Tetons!

Respectfully, Cowboy

The club in that area is Big Horn Basin Muzzle Loaders. Currently the President or contact person is Tom Brewster (307) 366-2391. I imagine they do monthly shoots and they also usually sponsor a state sanctioned shoot - maybe in August.

You can keep up with the state muzzle loader news by going to the website and reading the quarterly (or so) newsletters. The most recent one was published in November. State convention will be held here in Casper January 17 - 19, 2020.

Have a Blessed & Merry Christmas

There is a yearly trap and skeet shoot in Worland each year for us BP shooters. Loads of fun,with great people. It is in the early spring.

Back