• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wyoming BP made the local news.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if the local paper was reporting on the Wyoming State Muzzle Loading convention recently held in Casper. Always a good doin's and organizer bends backwards to help traders, visitors, etc. Western National rendezvous is scheduled for Riverton or near Lander in July in Wyoming as well. A huge shout out to Jim "Irishman" O'Meara. Sure missed ya when you moved from Colorado to Cheyenne. Hope you're keeping warm in Minnesota.

Wonder if the local paper was reporting on the Wyoming State Muzzle Loading convention recently held in Casper. Always a good doin's and organizer bends backwards to help traders, visitors, etc. Western National rendezvous is scheduled for Riverton or near Lander in July in Wyoming as well. A huge shout out to Jim "Irishman" O'Meara. Sure missed ya when you moved from Colorado to Cheyenne. Hope you're keeping warm in Minnesota.

Yes they did, here is the link. Wyoming Mountain Man Convention

I am pleased to see that you have settled down in such a great location, Tallswife.
In the past, I've made it a point to take trips from Colorado to Wyoming. When I was still physically capable of riding a motorcycle, I would ride from the Golden, CO area, up into the North Park area, Walden, then to Saratoga and Encampment, then all back roads either northeast toward the Idaho border or North toward Cody. The only highway I was forced to ride was I80 from Rawlins to Rock Springs. Of course I couldn't take my muzzleloaders with the 40 and 42-inch barrels on the motorcycle. Nowadays, the ride is in a car. My son and daughter-in-law often take their R&R from the density of the Denver area and go into Wyoming for a few days.
I've been snowed on up in the Southern Wyoming mountain ranges in early June!
5-08ontopBigHorn14Asnow-FJRmdsm.jpg

I asked a fella from Evanston what it was like in summer. His response was I don't know I ve only been here 11 months

Aw, they are not that bad!!! I've managed to survive several of them so far.
Should have been there in 1948. Cows died standing up. Airplanes were dropping hay. It was awful. Look it up. However, I love Wyoming. Trout fishing [Fly fishing] is terrific. I never hunted there but did in Montana, Colorado and Idaho. All great states. Polecat

Should have been there in 1948. Cows died standing up. Airplanes were dropping hay. It was awful. Look it up. However, I love Wyoming. Trout fishing [Fly fishing] is terrific. I never hunted there but did in Montana, Colorado and Idaho. All great states. Polecat
Ive heard stories of that storm. No doubt there are bad winters, the three i've been thru have all be very mild for the most part. I fully expect to get a whopper one of these years. I grew up in New England and have lived thru many blizzards, so I have a good idea of what they will entail. My biggest issue would be my livestock. I have a good sturdy barn big enough for all of them.

My husband lived in Buffalo WY for many years and recounted stories of bad winters and helping ranching friends with their stock, riding his snowmobile from Buffalo to the Powder river to help out there. Stories of cows standing under cut banks getting buried and not found until spring.

No place is perfect, but this is as good as it gets.

Back