• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD WTS/WTT Garrett 1863 Sharps Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to sell/trade a Garrett 1863 Sharps Carbine, .54 caliber, that is totally unmodified and it really shoots well.
It has all of the parts as an original including the Lawrence primer parts.

I bought this from the original owner and it's problem is that it sat in the back of his safe for quite a number of years and that had an effect on the surface as seen in the photos. This is a normal based on it's age.
It's serial number is C.26x and was made in 1977.

A really neat thing about this Garrett is that, except for screws threads, any original Sharps part will fit it.

Price: SOLD shipped to your door in a carrying case.

Sharps-1A.jpg

Sharps-2A.jpg

Sharps-3A.jpg
Sharps-4A.jpg
Sharps-5A.jpg
Sharps-6A.jpg
Sharps-7A.jpg
Sharps-8A.jpg

Last edited:
very nice
Wish I had a rifle to trade for it

Just to head off possible objections, while this IS a breechloader, it is a copy of one made before 1865, and it uses a cap ignition.

From Classified Rules:
  • only firearms that load through the muzzle and percussion pistols may be listed except, breech loading firearms that meet the "POSTS FOR BREECH LOADING GUNS" in the Forum Rules may be advertised. These guns use separate caps for priming.
and from Forum Rules
The firearm must have been made prior to 1865. Replicas of these guns are also acceptable.

The firearm must utilize an ignition system which is separate from any form or type of cartridge that may have been used to seal the breech or load the powder or the projectile.

LD

I want to sell/trade a Garrett 1863 Sharps Carbine that is totally unmodified and it really shoots well.
It has all of the parts as an original including the Lawrence primer parts.

I bought this from the original owner and it's problem is that it sat in the back of his safe for quite a number of years and that had an effect on the surface as seen in the photos. This is a normal based on it's age.
It's serial number is C.26x and was made in 1977.

A really neat thing about this Garrett is that, except for screws threads, any original Sharps part will fit it.

Price: $1,650 shipped to your door in a carrying case.

View attachment 86101

View attachment 86102
View attachment 86103View attachment 86104View attachment 86105View attachment 86106View attachment 86107View attachment 86108

I will consider trade for a 1770 era reproduction flintlock rifle in .50 caliber. simular to the one in the photo below:

View attachment 86109
I saw a Garrett like this go for only about 600 several years ago. More valuable now! I have a Garrett Mississippi. Nice markings, they are all now sought after. Mr. Garrett from VA passed many years ago. Good luck on your sale!

I saw a Garrett like this go for only about 600 several years ago. More valuable now! I have a Garrett Mississippi. Nice markings, they are all now sought after. Mr. Garrett from VA passed many years ago. Good luck on your sale!

Yes, they, like original Sharps, cost less years ago.

I bought an original Sharps in 1970 for $250 and shot it a bunch of times - Wish they were that cheap this day in time.

I have a Zouave I bought new in 1969 for $135 and the gunsmith I bought it from hardened all of the lock's parts.

Yes, they, like original Sharps, cost less years ago.

I bought an original Sharps in 1970 for $250 and shot it a bunch of times - Wish they were that cheap this day in time.

I have a Zouave I bought new in 1969 for $135 and the gunsmith I bought it from hardened all of the lock's parts.
Garrett's guns were Italian, but he specified certain qualities in them, much like Cimmaron does today. There was a Cartridge Sharps! Love to have on of those!

Garrett's guns were Italian, but he specified certain qualities in them, much like Cimmaron does today. There was a Cartridge Sharps! Love to have on of those!

Will original Sharps parts fit into a Cimmaron or Cimarron Sharps? As I mentioned earlier, original parts - except for threaded parts - will fit in the Garrett Sharps.

Latest posts

Back