• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD WTS: Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle .45 Caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Kibler Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle
.45 Caliber
46" rifled swamped barrel
Measurements across the flats of the barrel at the muzzle is 0.740" and breach is 0.935"
Cherry wood stock
Weight about 6 3/4 Lb
Length of pull (LOP) 13.75"

In excellent condition. $1,600 + actual shipping cost.

Will include balls, patches and flints.

Always up for trade or partial trade for Civil War era weapons.

Kibler-1.jpg

Kibler-1B.jpg

Kibler-2.jpg

Kibler-3.jpg

Kibler-4.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... I have an original D. T. Peden, made in Greeneville, SC, just before or just after the late unpleasantries. .45 cal, as best I can tell... Can send pics, if a trade would interest you.

Hmmm... I have an original D. T. Peden, made in Greeneville, SC, just before or just after the late unpleasantries. .45 cal, as best I can tell... Can send pics, if a trade would interest you.
I would only be interested in a Civil War type weapon either original or replica that's in good, shooting condition

I would only be interested in a Civil War type weapon either original or replica that's in good, shooting condition
As in military issue? I ask because privately-owned rifles made by the Peden family were carried into battle. I have been told there is one on display at the museum at Chickamauga.

Weight of the rifle?
Measurements across the flats of the barrel at the muzzle and breach?
Is this the early version by Kibler? (I ask because his early ones had the Chambers late Ketland lock and 46" barrel. Current barrels are 44 inch and his CNC lock.)
Any data on your shooting loads?

Thanks.

Jerry

Last edited:
Weight of the rifle? 6 3/4 Lb
Measurements across the flats of the barrel at the muzzle (.740) and breach (.935)?
Is this the early version by Kibler? YES (I ask because his early ones had the Chambers late Ketland lock and 46" barrel. Current barrels are 44 inch and his CNC lock.)
Any data on your shooting loads? 45gr 3F Swiss

Thanks.

Jerry

Wow, that is so nice. What lock is that? Wish I was slightly younger.
Thanks
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back