• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE WTB T/C flintlock frizzen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I'm looking for a T/C frizzen to replace the worn one on my flintlock. Does anyone have one or know where I can buy one?
Thanks
i bought one of the Lyman modified from OxYoke. once i confirmed it was on the way i took the TC frizzen off and rehardened it using the powder that Track of the wolf sells. it sparks so well now,(wouldn't throw a single spark before) that i left it on and have never had a klatch with it!. wasn't hard to do and i used a propane torch.

Be certain that if you purchase a TC frizzen you get the new version. The old style are case hardened and it is likely that once that hardening is worn away you will will be looking for another. The new version will be jet black and hardened through. The Gun Works may have both. Specify new version when ordering or you may have a chance at getting the old. By the way, I believe their current price is around $30 which is considerably less than an L & R replacement lock.
As stated above RMC Oxyoke is a good source for the Lyman replacement frizzens altered to fit TC locks. Several years ago I purchased 2 spares for my rifles because at the time I was unable to find TC frizzens. I believe the price was about the same. They are still in their packages as I haven't had to replace either yet.
Good Luck,
Ed

Oops!!! I have no idea why I thought you were looking for a new lock. It clearly says frizzen. I guess I wasn’t paying attention. Sorry about that

Latest posts

Back