• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WTB Ball-et

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Buffalo Bullet Company?
The ball-et bullet they have hopefully or had looks like something I really want to try in my 1863 Sharps rifle 45 cal and 50 cal carbine.

The Buffalo Bullet Company went out of business 10 to 15 years ago. There have been rumors they would come back to life in some form, but don’t know if or when that may have or will occur. You may want to watch the secondary market for someone selling NOS. I was able to pick up some Ball-ets a while back for about the cost of the lead. Saving them for a rainy day or for my heirs to send them to a scrap yard, whichever comes first.

Last edited:
I've still go some Buffalo Ball-ets, .45 200 grain and .50 245 grain. Checking my stash I also have a couple boxes of Buffalo .58 swagged round balls, the box says .565, I'd forgotten I had. I'll have to try the .565 in my .58 Leman.

From memory I've shot the .50 Ball-ets at paper with good results. I have a .50 T/C Renegade Hunter I'd intended to sight with Ball-ets only to find them discontinued. I have considered the Hornady PA conical bullet, in fact there might be a box here someplace. Maybe it time to experiment.

Midway had a pretty good sale on them. I got some to work with for grandkids who like to hunt with conicals. Plenty for deer and makes a 50 caliber gun Colorado legal for elk.

20221103_073320_copy_600x800.jpg
20221103_073344_copy_600x800.jpg

The Buffalo Bullet Company went out of business 10 to 15 years ago. There have been rumors they would come back to life in some form, but don’t know if or when that may have or will occur. You may want to watch the secondary market for someone selling NOS. I was able to pick up some Ball-ets a while back for about the cost of the lead. Saving them for a rainy day or for my heirs to send them to a scrap yard, whichever comes first.
Try the hornady PA bullet. It is essentially the same as the Buffalo Ball-et and it is the same weight.

Latest posts

Back