• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED WTB .578 minie mold not Lee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkytfl

32 Cal
Reaction score
Looking for a minie mold that casts .578 for my slightly oversized Euroarms Enfield. Really want the lyman "blue-grey", but it's been out of stock all summer. I've tried the Lee "Improved" 578, and the skirt is so thick they just tumble. Communications failed with a smaller maker, and I'd rather have a steel mold anyway. Hoping somebody has something used.

Edit Nov 8: Found a good 578 mold for the Euroarms. Bought an original 1861 Special, need a 580, sale maybe pending for that.

Last edited:
I just got a couple of used Rapine molds that I’ve been testing. One of them might work for you but I won’t be casting again until maybe tomorrow night. They are aluminum molds but I’ve been very pleased with them. PM if interested.

I'm not familiar with that bullet design/mold. I looked it on RCBS' website and it doesn't show a cavity like a traditional Minié. Is that correct - no cavity?

My interest in muzzleloading and black powder firearms is primarily the ACW period muskets and revolvers. I'm more interested in using firearms, bullets, techniques and accoutrements that the typical soldier of the period would have used. I know there are bullet designs that may be more accurate than the Burton Minié or other period designs, but I'm just more interested in what I can do with the traditional stuff. My preferred Miniés are those that are as close as possible to the billion-plus bullets manufactured during the War.

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 0
Back