• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wrong Musket IDs at shows etc.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in central Georgia nothing existed before Gen Sherman came through in the Civ'l Wah the small town museams are full of old guns that were used in the Wah some being lever action 1873 Winchesters. But I am not a member of the histerical society so I dont know anything. (Misspelling is all mine and intentional.)

The same situation arises in the online auctions. Recently I saw an Indian repro of a post-mutiny percussion smooth-bore listed as an original (with the price tag to match).

You never know whether the seller is honest and ill-informed or a crook. A couple of years ago I sent a note to a seller politely pointing out that his "original" was not what he said it was. My tone assumed that he was genuinely mistaken and would want to know about it. He never replied and never changed his listing. It sold.

Back