WOW! Claude's 10th year!

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
:thumbsup: Wednesday the 26th will mark Claude's 10th Anniversaryon the FORUM! :shocked2:

Happy Anniversary Claude! and THANK YOU! :hatsoff:

davy

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Ditto ... same here Claude! :thumbsup:

Davy

bwhoffman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
10 years...WOW! Thanks for all the efforts Claude! :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

....5000 posts! RC's been here a spell as well!

Does Claude ever get an opprotunity to shoot????

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
brett sr said:
10 years...WOW! Thanks for all the efforts Claude! :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

....5000 posts! RC's been here a spell as well!
:hmm: an poor Claude's probably read every one!
sorry.. :redface:

paulvallandigham

Passed On
Reaction score
That's okay. Wednesday is February 25, 2009, nor Feb. 26, either !

We still love you! :wink: :thumbsup:

mikee51848

54 Cal.
Reaction score
RC said:
:thumbsup: Wednesday the 26th will mark Claude's 10th Anniversaryon the FORUM! :shocked2:

Happy Anniversary Claude! and THANK YOU! :hatsoff:
Actually, the Forum started in August of 2001. The date on my profile is not accurate.
Well...okay...nevermind then... :blah: :haha:

Pigman

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Did you ever imagine that it would turn into this monster?

Foster From Flint

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
paulvallandigham said:
That's okay. Wednesday is February 25, 2009, not Feb. 26, either !
:cursing: dang lawyer types! okay..In My DEFENSE ( :haha: (lawyer talk.. :haha: ) I used the SAME calendar that said Claude was a 10 year member of a 8 year old forum! ha!

I rest my case! :blah: ..... :rotf: :rotf: Happy 8th Claude :hatsoff:

BLAHMAN

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Claude said:
Actually, the Forum started in August of 2001. The date on my profile is not accurate.

You mean you put up with us this long??????? What are ya tryin' to do, earn your way to heaven? :haha:

Thanks for everything Claude :thumbsup:

Tumblernotch

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Claude said:
Now ain't that something? You'd think that of all people, you'd get that right! :rotf:

All kiddin' aside, you've done a BANG up job here and I thank you for it. I've learned some new things and met a lot of good folks here. And I have to say that you have a lot more patience than me, putting up with some of the goings on that have happened here and still managing to keep it a high quality site. So in case I can't be here in two years to celebrate your 10th... :applause: :bow: :bow: :applause: :hatsoff:

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Claude said:
So Claude, since the traditional 8th anniversary gifts are bronze or pottery and the modern 8th anniversary gifts being linens or lace, here's what we'll do.

We can have your flintlock bronzed, then get it all gussied up with some pretty lace bows and shoot linen patched kiln dried clay roundballs out of it. :wink: :grin:

See how that all ties in nicely... :rotf:

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Uncle Pig said:
Did you ever imagine that it would turn into this monster?
I sure didn't. Some of you have heard this before, but this is what happened...

I started this because I had an interest in learning about muzzleloading, not because I already knew a lot about it or because I wanted to run a forum.

Years ago, I used to visit several muzzleloading discussion boards, but I thought that the format of the boards could be better. Most were one long string of posts, with no categories. I even volunteered to redo one of them but was told, "our members like it this way". Fair enough.

So, I obtained a program and began to construct a basic forum, just to see what could be done. It wasn't long before I realized that all the free software, that most boards use, wasn't adequate for me needs, so I invested in a few paid programs, which have evolved into what you see today.

I am as impressed as anyone with the depth of knowledge that our members have and their willingness to help others. Yeah, we have our problems, but that's typical of any community, especially one where almost everyone is anonymous.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years as the Forum grows and demands more and more time. The time and expense it takes to keep this running is significant. As it becomes more of a full-time job, I'll need to consider the options. Paid subscription only, selling it or closing it are all possibilities that get discussed from time to time.

But, for now, I'm grateful to have such a fine group of knowledgeable members who make the Forum what it is. :applause:

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
:redface: I pondered postin this here in the "using the forum" forum.....but I wanted people to see and read it......... :(

:wink:

Claude Mathis

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
RC said:
:redface: I pondered postin this here in the "using the forum" forum.....but I wanted people to see and read it......... :(
I hear that a lot of members don't visit the non-muzzleloading forum anymore due to the arguments and negative posts.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
yup,, jus joshin a bit... :thumbsup: