• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Would you shoot it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Submitted for comment, ridicule, and amusement, and yes, it can take more than a few hits from minies before expiring when a wire hit resulted in decapitation.

IMG_20221119_140210.jpg

Ok. Got the geometry figured out and a seat hit will slam the lid

I got the geometry figured out. I had to move the pivot point between the two and there is a lever acting on the lid. I used a couple screws as "set screws" to preload and balance the lid just at the point of slamming. A hit on the seat now will absolutely slam the lid. Good thing about how this is set up, so long as nobody shoots the pivot, the lid and seat are replaceable.

IMG_20221125_170904.jpg

And the inmates on Death Row.......
IMG_20221125_152445.jpg

I got the geometry figured out. I had to move the pivot point between the two and there is a lever acting on the lid. I used a couple screws as "set screws" to preload and balance the lid just at the point of slamming. A hit on the seat now will absolutely slam the lid. Good thing about how this is set up, so long as nobody shoots the pivot, the lid and seat are replaceable.

View attachment 178249

And the inmates on Death Row.......
View attachment 178250
That will be some fun shooting! And I bet those little colorful critters would be easier for old eyes to see!

There is method to my madness. A fun, oddball, reactive target will stick in a kid's memory for a long time. He won't forget the food time he had on the range with it and he'll tell his friends. With that in mind, this isn't so much a novelty target as a publicity piece designed to promote muzzleloading with kids

Latest posts

Back