• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Would like to see some Early Virginia Rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am a sucker for Early Virgina Rifles and other early sounthern guns. I would love to see a few photos of what some of you guys may have...I am always look for insperation for a new Southern or Early Virginia Rifle or Smooth Rifle

I posted these a few days ago, but here you go. I just received this rifle from TVM on Oct. 30. It's nothing fancy, but nice. .58 caliber.

DSCN6456.jpg

DSCN6457.jpg

DSCN6458.jpg

Most early Virginia guns or any guns for that matter are mainly speculative reproductions based on what little we do know of the early traits/styles in the earliest surviving guns we have availablr to study, mine is a Chambers early Virginia smoothrifle with 42" swamped oct barrel, colonial lock and diminuitive cheekpiece suggesting an English influence, Mike Brooks posted somewhewre on this forum a basic guide to achive what we feel an early gun might be composed of based on the trends of the surviving pre Rev war guns and European guns of the time.Click on the pic for a small slide show.The wooden patchbox does not show well and I did not get a pic of the left side of the gun but it is the general theme that Chambers Early Virginia has except it is smoothbored, it does well on squirrels, rabbits and such with shot and could be loaded up for Turkey without a lot of time or effort.

"Old Ephraim" (top) 50 cal Douglas 42" swamped barrel and Haddaway lock
"Black Hannah" (bottom) 54 cal Getz 42" barrel and L&R lock

IMG_0779.jpg

Thanks man! My friend made it about 5 years ago and it has serve me well.
It is .54 cal

Latest posts

Back