• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Would like info on this stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Md80runway23

40 Cal
Reaction score
Could anyone give me some more info on the styling of this stock? Im thinking its a virginia? Could this fit rev war era? Thanks

Attachments

• 659053202.jpg
    659053202.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 87
  • 659053176.jpg
    659053176.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 659053141.jpg
    659053141.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 83
It's hard to tell from the angle of the photos, but with the long toe it looks like a Bucks County Verner style profile. As it stands, I wouldn't place it in the 1770's-- more 1790-1800. The width of the butt is key. Older rifles are around two inches or more in width, although even later Bucks County rifles often had wide butts. Early VA rifles looked much the same as early Lancaster's. Folks with more knowledge than I may have better opinions.

It does have a Bucks County resemblance but seems to have elements of the late Lancaster style as well. But I'm not all that knowledgeable so this is mostly a guess.

I see a John Armstrong (Emmittsburg, Maryland) lefhand stock. That could be a Jacob Dickert as well, just different locks hardware, and decoration. If you're really interested, you need to be looking at books with photos of original rifles and not some duplicator's patterns named whatever they choose. That wood appears to be sugar maple.

Last edited:
Back