• This community needs YOUR help today. With being blacklisted from all ad networks like Adsense or should I say AdNOSense due to our pro 2nd Amendment stance and topic of this commmunity we rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Worth The Risk?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
Apparently, the hole goes all the way into the stock and the ramrod is full length. Good idea, but the downside would be a weakened grip where long guns often break.
I have a 20G one of these so called monkey guns in excellent condition. The ram rod does go all the way back through the stock but is very thin so really doesn't weaken the stock much at all. Very light weight.

Attachments

• DSCN0463.JPG
    DSCN0463.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0464.JPG
    DSCN0464.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0468.JPG
    DSCN0468.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0467.JPG
    DSCN0467.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

user 59734

32 Cal
Reaction score
The seller seems to weave in a lot of "hype" on his listings. "LOOK AT THIS", "ONE OF A KIND" - and on this shotgun "probably never fired"? It's certainly been refinished at some earlier time, so why someone would refinish an older piece and never fire it raises some questions (that I would "probably" never trust the answers to).

OLUT

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Sixty years ago when I first got interested in black powder guns, an old wise collector advised me , "When in doubt, don't buy it ; if you do purchase it, make sure the price is very low". I'd personally pass on this gun.

Reaction score
Looks like the Spanish made imports sold by Dixie starting back in the mid-1960's. A friend back then owned one.

That ramrod hole going back to the end of the butt stock was a common feature on many Spanish sporting guns during the period.

Rick

Latest posts