• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Worth it or not

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pedersoli is way behind on production but good used loaders of all types can be had if you know how to look. Auction sights are scalping right now because of COVID "shortages" so check out garage sales, estate sales. I have better luck at garage sales that have sporting goods, even if you find a box of lead balls or a tin of caps, pick them up and tell the owner that your looking for other M L'g stuff and you'd be surprised what they might bring out. Bought many that way in the past even though the seller had no intention of selling muzzle loaders at his or her yard sale.

So much of the answer will depend on what your intended purpose for the rifle will be. In most cases for many a casual user, the answer is that the Pedersoli is not worth 2x the cost of the Traditions. Availability and model may play a factor. Two-piece stock vs one-piece stock. I prefer the look of a one piece stock, but function and on target accuracy is not much different. The Pedersoli will likely be a better looking rifle. The Pedersoli locks are generally better than the Traditions locks, but everyone's experience can be different.

In some cases, a rifle such as a Kibler kit will be worth twice the cost of a Traditions kit. But since Kibler is not exporting his rifles, as he doesn't have serial numbers, the Kibler is a poor choice.

I have never owned a Traditions but my Pedersoli. 50 Pennsylvania has shot just fine from day one, when it does misfire I just wipe the flint and frizen maybe nap a clean edge or replace the flint and it fires faithfully again. Same with my Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol. I guess some folk just have bad luck and others not.

So much of the answer will depend on what your intended purpose for the rifle will be. In most cases for many a casual user, the answer is that the Pedersoli is not worth 2x the cost of the Traditions. Availability and model may play a factor. Two-piece stock vs one-piece stock. I prefer the look of a one piece stock, but function and on target accuracy is not much different. The Pedersoli will likely be a better looking rifle. The Pedersoli locks are generally better than the Traditions locks, but everyone's experience can be different.

In some cases, a rifle such as a Kibler kit will be worth twice the cost of a Traditions kit. But since Kibler is not exporting his rifles, as he doesn't have serial numbers, the Kibler is a poor choice.
Dear Grenadier You have me confussed re Kibler not exporting & his serial numbering I may have not understood the link there . Ive never seen a Traditions or a Kibler and never owned or sought such factory guns other than as' stock' so I might have missed an obvious point there
.Double Regards Rudyard

I have two Traditions made guns and a Pedersoli made gun. They are all three well made good shooting guns. No complaints on them. I guess it depends on what you want to be seen with.

Dear Grenadier You have me confussed re Kibler not exporting & his serial numbering I may have not understood the link there . Ive never seen a Traditions or a Kibler and never owned or sought such factory guns other than as' stock' so I might have missed an obvious point there
.Double Regards Rudyard
Sorry for the confusion. Many of the people that would want to assemble a kit from Jim Kibler live in countries that require all firearms to have a serial number. The USA does not require a collection of parts sold as a kit to have a serial number. Jim does not want to put serial numbers on his barrels. Therefore he can not export kits to countries requiring serial numbers.

Latest posts

Back