• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Worth buying?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanger

40 Cal
Reaction score
1D91EAA0-D7A1-4221-B235-7F82E191A0C3.jpeg

Bore condition is the main decider here. Price tag is the next. What rifle stock is it designed for is next. Condition of the barrel. Breach and so forth....
Provided all factors are favorable I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.
A good roundball barrel just gets harder to find every year. No one is making then en mass, and when they were being made there weren't a lot made compared to compromise twist barrels.

Is it just the barrel or is it a drop-in complete with breach, barrel under-rib, thimbles, & wedge lug? You could buy a complete drop-in GM barrel for a TC/Investarm Hawken for around $300 + shipping about a year ago. Not sure what stuff costs in today's world. Very nice barrels, at least the one I have is.

Since you are quite satisfied with the condition of the bore what about the price, is it reasonable? One of the best barrels I shoot is a GM and exceptional. If it's a deal snatch it up and run.

It is complete with breach under rib and thimbles. I just don’t own a t/c it will fit price is very fair.

Back