• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Worlds Greatest Muzzleloader Contest Boyertown PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a flyer at Dixon's for the Boyertown Pa Rod & Gun Club winter woods walks.

"Inspired by History Channel's "Top Shot" show as well as Mexican beer commercials, we decided to look for the WORLD'S GREATEST MUZZLELOADER."

The Boyertown woods walks are great fun and the people , well you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of folks. The targets are varied and the course is always "interesting" you fire on about 30 targets.
The Woods Walks dates are Dec 5,Jan 2, Feb 6, Mar 6 and a BP pistol shoot on Apr 3.
You do not need to be in period costume quite a few folks are but its not required, Flint and Percussion are OK. Cost is only $7.00
These woods walks are a wonderfull experience for newbies to learn, the club members always have a couple of loner guns for people who just want to try Blackpowder shooting
Start time is 8Am and finish is around 1 Pm.
Boyertown Rod & gun club is located at 295 Sunset Hill Road Boyertown PA.
For more information contact James J. Corsetti JR at 215-256-9319
On a personal note - Man these shoots are FUN and the after the shoot food is always good.

I'll second that Boyertown puts on a fun woods walk. A word to the wise......this aint no 10 shot woods walk. Their shoots routinely go 30+ shots. Bring plenty of powder and ball.

woods walk shoots are a lot of fun. Have not done one in years. What really blows smoke out my ears is the fact that I am going to be in PA. the 26 to 27 DEC. and can not change my plains. No matter what I do in PA. It will have a cloud over it knowing that I am missing the shoot. Just like I will miss the Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon on my trip to VT.

The weather was too cold and windy for my liking. Did anyone attend the shoot? How was it?

Leo

BigSkyRambler said:
New in SE PA and live in Boyertown. would like to connect with other BP shooters.

Make a phone call to the guy in the first post on this thread. He can give you directions to the Boyertown club. Show up on a day of the shoot and you'll meet plenty of ML enthusiasts.

Leo

The weather was good enough this past weekend to attend the shoot. My son and I were in the first group of @ 14 competitors.

I've been a regular at Boyerstwon for the last 5-6 years. This is probably the best course I've seen. They made improvements to the targets. The majority are steel swingers or knock down steel silhouettes. They have the broadest range of distances in SE PA woodswalks from @ 20 yards to @ 130 yards. And to seperate the men from the boys you cut straws at 10 yards.

The walking distance is shorter this year too which seems good to me on a 30 target course. :wink:

If you enjoy ML comaraderie and a full day of target shooting this is worth the trip.

Leo

Back