• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished my 54 cal Kibler Woodsrunner. I still need to work on the ram rod. I put some taller sights on it for these old eyes and a small toe plate.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.jpeg
    IMG_2933.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2932.jpeg
    IMG_2932.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2931.jpeg
    IMG_2931.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2936.jpeg
    IMG_2936.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
More details please! What grade of wood? I would like close ups of the sights. What finish(es) did you use? Did you get the brass to make the toeplate in the kit? My kit came with a bit of brass plate that I was planning on using for this.

I am practicing carving to see what I want to do on my Woodsrunner.

More details please! What grade of wood? I would like close ups of the sights. What finish(es) did you use? Did you get the brass to make the toeplate in the kit? My kit came with a bit of brass plate that I was planning on using for this.

I am practicing carving to see what I want to do on my Woodsrunner.
That's the mid grade wood. I used tannic acid and aqua fortis. It came out lighter than I wanted so went over it very lightly with some walnut leather dye. I also added some LMF honey maple and Lancaster to the tried and true finish. I put several very thin coats finish on it. We ordered the sights and toe plate from TOTW. I had to cut down the rear sights to make it fit the dove tail.

Just finished my 54 cal Kibler Woodsrunner. I still need to work on the ram rod. I put some taller sights on it for these old eyes and a small toe plate.
Nice! I put taller sights on my Colonial and will do the same on the WR. I need more height off the barrel to fit my ideal cheek position on most stocks.

Latest posts

Back