• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric,
I'll help you fill out my adoption paperwork.............and your new will!
your newest son,
Dave
[/QUOTE
Guess what, Dave?
Since Eric probably has way too many really cool guns to be shot and cared for properly by only one adopted son, how would you like to have a newly adopted stepbrother?
Just trying to help you guys out-
Bro’. 😬

I put together a SMR, the Kibler kits are something special indeed. I am flintlock poor, I sold the SMR because I couldn't see the sights with my old eyes, I have two of everything from fowlers to squirrel rifles as well as 4 B/P deer rifles. I am probably one of the few people on this site not lusting after one of the Kibler kits, I really like them but just don't need one.

I will be 75 in a month and the question on my mind now is how am I going to disperse my collection when I croak. I have lots of guns and almost no family members who would be interested in them.
I'll be 74 my next birthday,I couldn't afford one years ago. I still can shoot one and they're prettier than ever. Like others have stated,I will be more than glad to help you get out of being gun poor.

I put together a SMR, the Kibler kits are something special indeed. I am flintlock poor, I sold the SMR because I couldn't see the sights with my old eyes, I have two of everything from fowlers to squirrel rifles as well as 4 B/P deer rifles. I am probably one of the few people on this site not lusting after one of the Kibler kits, I really like them but just don't need one.

I will be 75 in a month and the question on my mind now is how am I going to disperse my collection when I croak. I have lots of guns and almost no family members who would be interested in them.
a problem many of us are wrestling with!

I’m patiently waiting although with this rotator cuff surgery and bicep surgery I may not be able to work on it if it came this week. But I’ll have to when it arrives
That’s exactly what I had done. Reattached my bicep and rotator cuff was repaired as well as a little Arthur was removed. It’s wasn’t too bad,

That’s exactly what I had done. Reattached my bicep and rotator cuff was repaired as well as a little Arthur was removed. It’s wasn’t too bad,

It's been probably 25 years but I had to have all that done on both shoulders; not at the same time, obviously, but in tandem over a two year period. It took a year each to heal up. Still only have 75% to maybe 80% use back.

It's been probably 25 years but I had to have all that done on both shoulders; not at the same time, obviously, but in tandem over a two year period. It took a year each to heal up. Still only have 75% to maybe 80% use back.
Aww man, I think the medical field has made alot of progress in the last decade in regards to shoulder, knee and hip surgery. I had the same experience as Tradbow did, I had little to no pain due to a nerve block and have the majority of my range of motion and strength back. I have another few weeks and I’d be able to go to work

Yeah, I get the dispersal problem. I turned 76 a few months ago and it has been weighing on my mind as well. I have plenty of recipients to give to but that is a problem in itself in terms of who gets what AND, will i be able to carry out my wishes or will it all be left up to someone else?

So, why would I be ordering a Woodsrunner? Well, fact is I've never had a flintlock and have never even fired one. Not that I couldn't have, but just wasn't very interested. Now I've decided that it's that one thing I need to do to complete my muzzle loading journey. And, by the way, don't bother offering to allow me to take my first flint shot with your gun. I'm just ornery enough to go to the expense and effort with this Kibler and arrive at the berm with new rifle in hand to fire that first shot on behalf of the rifle and myself. 🤣

Reading this with a Woodsrunner ordered and my right hand bandaged. Had carpal tunnel to the thumb, Trigger Thumb release and arthritis fixed in the right thumb/hand. Not a lot of pain but will take at least 5 more weeks of recovery.

Have had a flintlock sitting there ready to shoot for a week now......:doh:

Don

Eric, I'm 90, with 30+ guns and in the same situation. I may have to give 'em to friends and neighbors :rolleyes: but Betty says "no, I'll keep 'em". :dunno:

The woodsrunner is a great looking rifle. I plan to place my order this winter once all the fat hog checks clear.

I, too, ordered a Woods Runner. That is one nice, slim, and handy rifle. I am well within that first 300, so expect it sometime before the end of 2023.

I live within easy driving distance of Kibler's shop, and will make a nice day trip for my Service Dog and I. Like me, she is getting to be quite old - I had my 77th birthday last week, she had her 15th. Have to help her into the car, but she still attends me 24/7.

Funny, as you get older and older, you get fewer birthday cards. Five years ago, I got about 20-25 each year - this year I got THREE. Friends pass, relatives pass - I am putting mine off for another 77 years!

Got a flier from the Kiblers yesterday offering $75 off a new Woodsrunner. I own two Colonials, one .54 cal that I won in a raffle and a .58 cal kit, that I'm still building.
I was day dreaming yesterday about ordering one and then I got the flier! Fate!?
Which caliber and what stock wood?

Got a flier from the Kiblers yesterday offering $75 off a new Woodsrunner. I own two Colonials, one .54 cal that I won in a raffle and a .58 cal kit, that I'm still building.
I was day dreaming yesterday about ordering one and then I got the flier! Fate!?
Which caliber and what stock wood?
I just got through finishing a SMR Sunday late. On Tuesday I got the same flier offering a $75 discount on a Woodsrunner. They aren't giving me much breathing room. I have four flinters now,I'll wait until my friend gets his and drool over it. You know, these things can become addictive.

Back