• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Woodsrunner arrived today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it will be a great rifle. Just curious as a newbie here, roughly how long is turn around from order to receiving it? I can imagine it varies on model, wood etc. just trying to learn more as I look into the flintlock market.
Kibler kits are so good that ANY amount of waiting is worth it. I would expect late winter/early spring but if you don’t want to wait for the woods runner then a quick ship Colonial or SMR can get you going sooner.

Either way, you win.

Thanks ordered and paid same time just emailed them as to when bc I feel I was one first. Got their email on the 27th same day I ordered and paid 🤔🤔

Did you order a .54? I read in this thread that the first group to be ready were .54. Also, extra fancy wood can take more time.

As long as it's only rotator cuff surgery that sounds good. I had both shoulders operated on over 20 years ago and that was over a two year period. Rotator cuff, yes, but there was much, much more damage that required 6 months of PT and another 6 months to heal; hence the two years. I only got around 75% to 80% use back and it's still very limiting after all that time. So best of luck and the recuperation period sounds about right for what you are having done.
I tore the rotator cuff and the bicep in both shoulders when I fell. Got a lot of bone spurs in both shoulders also. This will be my second surgery on my right shoulder.

I received my Woods Runner on Saturday also. After reading your post about the number 5 on the bottom flat of the barrel I called Jim this morning. My barrel has #1 on it and on the parts bag that came in the kit. He said that the first 25 kits he put together " in the white" over a 3 day period. Jim said the rest of the Woods Runner orders will not be in the white unless they were ordered that way. The number on the barrel should match the number on the parts bag that came with the gun because that is how he kept the fitted parts in order with each gun. By ordering early, we must have lucked out.

I received my Woods Runner on Saturday also. After reading your post about the number 5 on the bottom flat of the barrel I called Jim this morning. My barrel has #1 on it and on the parts bag that came in the kit. He said that the first 25 kits he put together " in the white" over a 3 day period. Jim said the rest of the Woods Runner orders will not be in the white unless they were ordered that way. The number on the barrel should match the number on the parts bag that came with the gun because that is how he kept the fitted parts in order with each gun. By ordering early, we must have lucked out.
One other point. As mentioned, we assembled the first batch of kits to make sure everything was good. We didn't polish up hardware, sand stocks etc. So those who have ordered an "in the white" rifle will receive a further finished piece. Honestly the polishing of hardware and stock sanding take significantly longer than the assembly.

Jim

Latest posts

Back