• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Woods Walk Fun at the NMLRA's Spring Shoot:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark you better practice for next year! Id like to see at least a two on your sheet!
At monthly GEEZER shoots I can sometimes get 3 of 10 sometimes! With a .62 smoothbore flint against rifles. That seems to be my limit.
Great Video.like the smiles!!
LBL

Mark you better practice for next year! Id like to see at least a two on your sheet!
At monthly GEEZER shoots I can sometimes get 3 of 10 sometimes! With a .62 smoothbore flint against rifles. That seems to be my limit.
Great Video.like the smiles!!
LBL
3 out of 10?? Man...I'm envious. LOL
I'd be excited to hit that many....

Mark you can't hit what you can't see. I was going one way you were going the other that Saturday. Your camera man got my self and my buddy in the back ground. The only complaint was they should have painted the targets that day and most of them being in the shade didn't help either. Other wise a fun match.

Mark you can't hit what you can't see. I was going one way you were going the other that Saturday. Your camera man got my self and my buddy in the back ground. The only complaint was they should have painted the targets that day and most of them being in the shade didn't help either. Other wise a fun match.
That was my biggest gripe. I could't see the targets very well. The dark colors used on the target often blended in with environment. I offered to buy that orange spray paint they use on highway projects. I'l be glad to go paint them myself before the September shoot. I'll go back to using my cap gun too..I can hit more targets using it...

You should have stopped me....I'd been happy to put a shot or two of you shooting on video.....

Mark, too bad on the low score! Sure looked like you were having fun, though! Hopefully, I’ll get to shoot this weekend, if we don’t get a hurricane!

West Central Georgia for me. Had some rain and a little wind, but nothing more than that. Hoping to have some fun on Saturday at Muskogee Longrifles monthly match!
Don’t understand why they wouldn’t paint the targets!?

New people setting up the match. These are the kind of things you learn the first few matches you set up. Basically growing pains. I have done it my self organizing and setting up new club matches.

Painting the targets:
It's an excellent question. I have had difficulty seeing some of the targets myself on occasion. On the heavily wooded course at Friendship most of the targets are in deep shade. On a nice day the Woodswalk stays pretty busy with shooters strung out pretty much from one end to the other. I'm not sure it's safe to for anyone to be "downrange" ( off the walking trail) while folks are shooting anywhere along the course. That being the case then, the only way to periodically re-paint the targets is to shut down the entire course through the day. At some point you couldn't let a new group start the course until the previous group had completely finished and returned to the beginning. I can understand the hesitancy to do that.
Perhaps someone with better knowledge of the course layout can comment.

Painting the targets:
It's an excellent question. I have had difficulty seeing some of the targets myself on occasion. On the heavily wooded course at Friendship most of the targets are in deep shade. On a nice day the Woodswalk stays pretty busy with shooters strung out pretty much from one end to the other. I'm not sure it's safe to for anyone to be "downrange" ( off the walking trail) while folks are shooting anywhere along the course. That being the case then, the only way to periodically re-paint the targets is to shut down the entire course through the day. At some point you couldn't let a new group start the course until the previous group had completely finished and returned to the beginning. I can understand the hesitancy to do that.
Perhaps someone with better knowledge of the course layout can comment.
One reason why the targets are "light blue" is....they are trying to cater to the color blind shooters. While I agree with that to a point....cater to the majority is what should take place. The entire group that followed us and the group that was in front of us couldn't see the distant gong targets. I offered to donate some of that yellow/orange spray paint workers use to mark where they are going to dig on highways. That is some good stuff, it hardly ever wears off.

Latest posts

Back