• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wood you believe a 2nd contest for April/May 2017?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
That's right. 2 contests at the same time!
This one is a 2x4 cuttin' contest, better known as a "post shoot". A Postal Post Shoot!

There were several requests for a re-do and it has been quite a while...

The target is a regular old construction lumber "2x4" (which isn't really 2"x4"), 4 feet long.
Use an aiming point if you like.

Distance is 25 yards.

Offhand.

Your choice of traditional muzzleloading weapon except for cannons. You can use pistol, revolver, smoothbore, smooth rifle, or rifle. Or even any combination of those.

Anchor your 2x4 to the ground in the upright position using your choice of method. Dig a hole, build a "foot", stick it in a cinder block, whatever works for you. Check the archives for the last 2x4 shoot for ideas.

Keeping an accurate count of shots fired, shoot the 2x4 into 2 separate sections. Not split. Shooting a chunk off the side doesn't count. 2 ends!

Please don't post your score on this thread! And DON'T mail me a 2x4. :haha:

Send me a PT by May 31st and let me know how many shots it took you to cut your 2x4. I will post all of the results at once.

I`m in. May long 19-21weekend I`ll be doing this.
might take all weekend.lol

I'm digging out the .69 musket. My favorite load, buck-n-ball will suffice. Do we have to shoot the 4" side or can we shoot the 2" side? Just want to be fair, that 4" side is a big target and makes it real easy.

If it ain't in the rules, it ain't a rule. Shoot it any way you like as long as you follow the posted rules.
Kinda sounds like you mighta cut a board or 2 before. :grin:

I ain't guessin' 'cause I already know the answer.

If anybody else is gonna get in on this they best hurry up and post a PT to me. Time's gettin' short!

:shake: Only an hour left to enter and I only got 2 PTs...??? :shake:
I'll post the results tomorrow.

58 caliber takes the win with 12 shots.
MDK_WV takes 2nd with14 shots.
Not bad scores there guys. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

The rest of you guys missed out on a fun target.

Jethro, once again thanks. Your right it was fun. I wish I had taken a video as after my 12th shot it was still standing in one piece and as I was reloading for number 13 all of a sudden it just broke in 2 and fell over. Not sure if it was the wind or fear of number 13. :rotf: Anyway I am going to try it with my 1858's and see how the pistols do. Will be closer though.

MDK_WV I am sure you enjoyed it as much as I did. :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Dave

Hey I am all over it, when it comes to choppin wood!. Great shootin 58 caliper getting it done in only 12 shots. :hatsoff:
I had the same trouble this time as I did last time. I kept shootin in the same place. I finally got it done by not hitting the same hole twice.

Maybe one of these days we could have a big contest like shoot a 3/4"x4'x4' plywood in two. I can almost smell all of that powder being burnt now.

Back