• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wood Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

40 Cal
Reaction score
Question. Does anyone know what other model CVA is exactly the same as a CVA Bobcat? I'm still trying to found a wood stock for my Bobcat.

Deer Stallker, Mountain Hawken, Hawken Hunter and Frontier Rifle/Carbine should all work with minimal or no effort.

Talked to them several times and none available any where. Going to go with putting on a base coat of Krylon fusion satin khaki and then use something called ALCOHOL INKS to hopefully make it look like wood and then 2-3 coats of gloss sealer. Something like what this guy did.

Attachments

• PaintedStock.jpg
    PaintedStock.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 40
I've got a wood stock from a Plainsman. My bobcat barrel drops right in. Going to strip and refinish the wood stock, change the bobcat sights to something a bit nicer, and call it a cheap upgrade. Saw a Plainsman stock on eBay starting at forty bucks and had no bids. May still be there as that was just a couple days ago. My bobcat is one of the early ones so I don't know if they changed anything with the newer ones. Good luck and please let us know what you come up with.

Well I've pretty much given up on getting a wood stock for my CVA Bobcat since I've painted the synthetic stock so that it looks like wood.
20211102_172510.jpg20211102_172517.jpg

Back