• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wish me luck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Going turkey hunting next wensday opening.
My story is 31 years ago started my sorry hilarious turkey hunt career. So I go to a place I never been, a friend told me where to go. Ok never been there go first time in dark. Never deer hunted or turkey. I had watched turkey hunt dvd,s for months. Get there and get out and get my gun. All at once gobbles everywhere. I picked a spot and headed towards it. Got sat down and double gobble. I can hear him trying to circle the knoll I'm on so I keep scootin around the tree keeping inline with the gobbles.All of a sudden here he is full strut. Now I've never hunted deer or turkey and never had buck fever. UNTIL THAT BIRD COMES OUT STRUTN AND GOBBLIN. I shook so bad my bones hurt everyone of them. I knew to shoot the neck a little below the head. Well buck fever took over and I couldn't think. I blasted him in the breast with 2 oz #6. Feathers everywhere he's flopping all around I jump up YEEEHAA . Threw my hat down ran to get him and he flopped over the side of that small knoll. Hunted 4 hrs for him ,,no luck.
Stapled a breast feather inside the door of my home made gun cabinet.
Called in a few since but still ain't got one. LOL

Back