• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Windfall BP acquisition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The next door neighbor brought by a box of black powder this afternoon. It belonged to her late husband. She is just starting to clear out his workshop.

There are 2 cans of Gearhart-Owens FFFFG, 2 cans of Gearhart-Owens FFG, a can of DuPont FFFG, and a can of Meteor FFFG.

48449502487_cc772539cb_b.jpg

These cans are all full. She says there may be some more full cans, and she knows there are some partial cans. She's going to bring the over as she finds them.

Had some blackpowder gifted to me years ago. Guy I worked with uncle died. This coworker knew I shot blackpowder and asked if I wanted some blackpowder his deceased uncle had. Sure, why not. Next day I come into work and two full shopping bags are on my desk. Over twenty pounds of blackpowder. The company had armed guards at all exits. It was wintertime, so we had heavy coats, but still took a number of us a couple of trips to the parking lot to get it all out of the building without drawing security’s attention.

That is always a great happening, for the receiver anyway. A couple years back our club benefited by a similar event. We were able to get 2 1/2 cases for $5 a can.

When you shoot the stuff up, definitely save all the cans. I think GOEX went to plastic jugs about 6 years ago, and before that they were red cans for about 10 years (but I may be corrected here). I don't know WHEN they changed from white cans to red, but it was some time between about 1990 and 2008. I was pretty much out of the BP game for that period of time.

That Gearhart Owen is pretty good stuff. I still have a few cans of 2 f from back in the 70's.
The meteor is the last production of the Curtis and Harvey powder.

Congratulations. I would get out my lawnmower and show your gratitude.

Make Good Smoke :)

We already do her weedeating when the church doesn't, and make sure her garbage is to the curb if she is away, assuming the other neighbors don't beat us to it. It's that kind of neighborhood.

Back