• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Williams Gun Sight for TC Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Down East

32 Cal
Reaction score
Interested in putting WIlliams Gun Sights on my recently acquired TC Renegade. Someone recommended them to me. I see this on Brownell's wondering if anyone familiar with and will it fit my Renegade .50 cal.

THOMPSON CENTER SIGHT SET
962-622-560WB
TC Octagon Fiber Optic Sight Set Multi
Mfr Part: 66654

My Traditions deerhunter rifle came with the Williams fiber optic sights. I changed the rear sight to the Williams ghost ring. Ten bucks from muzzleloaders.com.
I would think for the TC, you might have to order one that's compatible with the flats of your barrel but maybe they're all the same?

Interested in putting WIlliams Gun Sights on my recently acquired TC Renegade. Someone recommended them to me. I see this on Brownell's wondering if anyone familiar with and will it fit my Renegade .50 cal.

THOMPSON CENTER SIGHT SET
962-622-560WB
TC Octagon Fiber Optic Sight Set Multi
Mfr Part: 66654
Don't know what these are for or what they'll fit but will ship pair for $50. They are new, never mounted.
Mark
0613212141.jpg
0613212140.jpg

Your Renegade barrel is 1" and the T/C Hawken has a 15/16" barrel. On the Brownell's web site, the expert replying to the question of will it fit a T/C Hawken and will it fit a Renegade. There is only one one part number. You will need to find out if that sight is for the 1" across the flats or 15/16".

Your Renegade barrel is 1" and the T/C Hawken has a 15/16" barrel. On the Brownell's web site, the expert replying to the question of will it fit a T/C Hawken and will it fit a Renegade. There is only one one part number. You will need to find out if that sight is for the 1" across the flats or 15/16".
I will call Brownell's and check. Not sure what the .836" c-to-c spacing refers to, maybe the spacing of the mounting holes? Thanks for your reply.

The pictures above fit something other than a TC, TCs have a dovetail front sight fit instead of a screw, I have the front on my TC Hawken.
Actually Eric, those sights pictured are RMC after market sights. The front sight has a dovetail blank that fits into the existing dovetail on the barrel. The blank has a tapped hole for the screws shown. The rear sight has a screw that fits the existing rear sight screw holes on the T/C barrel.

The Brownell's listing Q&A says the rear sight has .836" center to center spacing and that "older" Renegades with .785" spacing will require being drilled and tapped.
So, just take off your rear sight and measure what spacing your Renegade has.
I have a set of Williams Ghost ring sights on my Renegade that I bought off Ebay. My 1981 or so Renegade must have the .785" spacing because when the sights arrived I found that the Williams rear sight had slightly longer hole spacing than my barrel. I simply slotted one of the holes on the sight so I could put it on and have had zero issues with it.
I recently switched out the front sight to a green .040" diameter sight from Ranger Point Precision. I see green better in low light and much prefer the smaller diameter of it than the .080" Williams front sight. Any old 3/8" dovetail sight around a half inch tall can be used on a Renegade.

Back