• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

William Moore 12 bore...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ETerry,
Of course what you do with it is entirely up to you! Don't feel obligated to do anything other than what you want.
If you look at some twist or Damascus barrels, before and after browning, you will then be in a good position to make a choice, and you can change your mind whenever you wish!

ETerry,
Of course what you do with it is entirely up to you! Don't feel obligated to do anything other than what you want.
If you look at some twist or Damascus barrels, before and after browning, you will then be in a good position to make a choice, and you can change your mind whenever you wish!

Pukka, i think you may have misunderstood my post. Im not shunning your help and advice, what im saying is im familiar using Dangler's solution but not sure how i would file a round barrel, much less two of them joined together, and getting all the barrel along the ribs cleaned.
Also, on the octagon bbl i only used a file, being told that anything else wouldn't look "period ". I want it to look good, and "period", so any and all info as to specifics on prepping and browning the bbls is appreciated.

Oh I didn't take you wrong, ET, just thought it may be too much work for you to consider at present.
No file needed, just varying grit emery or even sand paper. this is used backed by wood for along the sides of the ribs etc.
The finish was a lot finer than on Colonial longrifles, so no worries about making it rough.
Not had time to look out any info, but if you look up my suggested searches above, it will give you a decent start.

Best,
Richard.

I too ahve a WM moore in need of loving, yours looks great compared to mine. I ahve several guns with a "rougher bore" i just shoot them bare ball...sometimes i clean them with a nylon brush... tbut they shoot just t he same.

Latest posts

Back