• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

William Booth Draper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

54ball

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Thursday morning I ordered some material. It was not a real expensive order but it was complex....a lot of different items of various sizes and material.
My shipping was less than expected "quoted" on the order and it arrived Saturday. I heard they were fast but, Wow!

From what I understand this is not a real big operation but they do have their stuff together. Web sight, communication all Top notch.....I highly recommend them for your period cloth, textile and pattern needs.

Though they definitely deserve praise for how fast they ship, even more important IMO is the quality of their merchandise is so consistently high, year after, year after year.

I realize many people don't use it, but the material they carry to make Scottish Bag Hose is absolutely first rate!!

Gus

Looking through their site and others, I am truly astounded at the range or products offered these days compared as to when I got into our hobby/sport back in the early 70's.

Great new sub-forum add by-the-way!!!... :thumbsup:

BillinOregon said:
Gus, your grasp of the more obscure corners of our colonial material culture amazes.

What was amazing was when a good friend came down and showed me how to make a pattern for Scottish Bag Hose to fit my legs and then how to sew them up. I was VERY scared when I first began to cut that material as it has to be cut on the bias to get the dicing at the correct angle. :shocked2: That plus I had always sewn leather and hardly ever wool cloth material, particularly not that thick. Fortunately, it went well and the material is tough stuff and those bag hose have survived many a event, because I always hand washed them in Woolite.

Gus

Artificer said:
Though they definitely deserve praise for how fast they ship, even more important IMO is the quality of their merchandise is so consistently high, year after, year after year.

I realize many people don't use it, but the material they carry to make Scottish Bag Hose is absolutely first rate!!

Gus

I concur. I ordered some gold ribbon, wool tape and some red broad cloth for a matchcoat. That wool cloth is nothing short of amazing. It's ready to go as a Mico quality matchcoat as is. It's so nice I'm hesitant to decorate it.

Little things like the signed "thank you" mean a lot too. Top notch is all I can say.

I know the sutlery owner of "William Booth Draper", Paul. He has sat around the campfire with us, and he is at many F&I events as a sutler. You can find WBD at Fort Frederick Market Fair and Old Fort Niagara F&I 4th of July event.

I cannot say enough good things about that business; you cannot go wrong shopping there. He is in no hurry to sell thing to people that they will later regret. He is extremely knowledgeable, and willing to take the time to show you documentation for the things you are making. He has about everything you might need to make clothes, plus all the buttons, buckles, and bows. And yes, the shipping is faster than you can believe.

Back