• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

William "Bill" Smith - Custom Possible Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A number of weeks back I asked for recommendations on a hand-sewn, custom bag. I wanted something with a Cross of Lorraine on the flap to pay homage to my Quebec ancestors and the fact that the French used it as a symbol of the resistance during WWII.

One of the forum members recommended William Smith of Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I checked out his web site and made contact with him. I ordered a Beaver Tail Single in Bison leather with a cloth strap. The cross with red wool backing is perfect and I could not be happier. Great communications and great product. I highly recommend you check out his site.

Attachments

• Bag1.jpg
    Bag1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Bag2.jpg
    Bag2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 43
A number of weeks back I asked for recommendations on a hand-sewn, custom bag. I wanted something with a Cross of Lorraine on the flap to pay homage to my Quebec ancestors and the fact that the French used it as a symbol of the resistance during WWII.

One of the forum members recommended William Smith of Elizabethtown, Kentucky. I checked out his web site and made contact with him. I ordered a Beaver Tail Single in Bison leather with a cloth strap. The cross with red wool backing is perfect and I could not be happier. Great communications and great product. I highly recommend you check out his site.

I have 4 of his bags. Started buying them 15 or so years ago. Workmanship is outstanding.
He is a very nice guy too. Had not heard anything about him for several years and was hoping he was still alive.
Glad to hear he is still “above ground, walking around”.

I have 7 bags made bye different people. I am going to order one of his bags in a double after looking at his web site. Very nice bags.

I ordered one of Bills Double bags and a Haversack from him. He makes a very nice bag.

That looks very good. And it is cool that you remember your ancestors that way. I like the red cross and think I would also have it sewn somewhere on my closing piece if I had such historical roots. Each person needs to remember their family

He made a bag for me that is excellent. He was good to work with. He was working on my bag (this one) and called me to verify what kind of strap I wanted
1CA32980-0C0D-459D-94BE-E270B848827E.jpeg

That looks very good. And it is cool that you remember your ancestors that way. I like the red cross and think I would also have it sewn somewhere on my closing piece if I had such historical roots. Each person needs to remember their family
I have german roots and ancestors, but I wouldn’t say I like its symbolics for historical reasons. However, I think I wouldn’t sew it in a bag. The only bags I use now are child resistant exit bags, so my little kids (twins) couldn’t get into them. It is hard to have kids, so I think I’m going to wrap all my house into those bags so that they can’t spill, crash and make something dirty anymore

I have four of his bags.
The quality of his work and materials is unsurpassed.

Latest posts

Back