• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Wildfowlers Display

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Enclosed is a image of wildfowlers displays which used to be common at Country Fairs here in the UK not often seen today, Country fairs which were common 30-40 years ago are now things of the past.
Feltwad
P1010025.JPG

If those are muzzle loaders how in the world do you load it, what caliber were they and could you reload in the boat or did you need to return to land to reload. And you didn't think there was any interest I am fascinated

If those are muzzle loaders how in the world do you load it, what caliber were they and could you reload in the boat or did you need to return to land to reload. And you didn't think there was any interest I am fascinated

To reload you had to return to dry land then using the Ramrod which was separate in the punt .Fitted to the end was a scoop which was filled with the given charge this was slowly entered down the barrel which was laid flat to the bottom of the barrel ,the ramrod was rotated till the powder fell out into the breech the ramrod was then with drawn ,the scoop was removed and the wads etc was rammed home with the same for the shot
Feltwad

Back